unbelievable... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, unbelievable... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; "The reason I ask is that the XLR rests on a leaf spring suspension much like the current generation corvette(haven't ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: unbelievable...

"The reason I ask is that the XLR rests on a leaf spring suspension much like the current generation corvette(haven't peeked under a new vette yet, but seeing as it shares platforms with the XLR, I assume it's the same). The Sigma platform uses a double wishbone setup. They both share hydroformed railing, but other than that, I don't see much similarity in structure.
    I know the Evoq concept was a Sigma vehicle, but I have my doubts that the XLR is..."

gothic you are absolutley right , corvette has always had a transverse leafspring since 1963 , xlr has it also

isnt the cts a unibody ?

if that guy is who he is then i would like to know what a platfrom or arcetecture is nowadays , im old school , i hear same "arcatecture" platform" i think i can take the body off one car and slap it on another (i can put a vette skin on a cts) ....with gmt360 its easy to understand but with epsilon it got confuseing and now with sigma im baffled ...even nissans "FM" is easy to understand

how does sigma differ from kappa ?

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CTS is a unibody construction car. Most cadillacs are.

hmm well they cant share much , corvette always has been and always will be a full frame car

miscreant is offline GM Connection

After about 2 months researching everything we were ever told/taught/instructed, I have to come back and post that, not knowingly, I was full of s**t. Sorry!

Seems the real lacking came straight from GM. There is such a confusing array of training information from various GM sources that it seems none of them are true.

So from what I can determine, the CTS and the XLR share nothing as far as underpinnings.

Daddy, am I am man now?
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Skuuter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

In the Portland area we have a lot of dealers playing the ADM game. I have never started negotiating at less than $1000 under sticker.

The only reason these dealers pull this crap is because there are a lot of clueless car buyers out there. Lots of them are people who purchase the car without driving it and are complete marks for the monthly payment approach.

I have usually found it nigh impossible to find a dealer who doesn't mark up. This last time, I dealt with a locator service after finishing my test drives. Got my best deal ever.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Skuuter
    I have usually found it nigh impossible to find a dealer who doesn't mark up. This last time, I dealt with a locator service after finishing my test drives. Got my best deal ever.
    We do not mark-up. MSRP for everything that warrants it, it is our policy to not charge over sticker. However, as of right now, we won't budge off of sticker either , but that's mainly because we don't mark-up over sticker. Many people have success at hard negotiating with dealers that do mark-up because that particular dealer made more than sticker on the previous sale, etc...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Sarantcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    We do not mark-up. MSRP for everything that warrants it, it is our policy to not charge over sticker. However, as of right now, we won't budge off of sticker either , but that's mainly because we don't mark-up over sticker. Many people have success at hard negotiating with dealers that do mark-up because that particular dealer made more than sticker on the previous sale, etc...
    Our policy is the same. In 36 years of doing business we've never sold a car for more than sticker.

We currently have 2 XLRs on our floor which were cancelled orders. One is Xenon Blue with shale and the other is Light Platinum and Shale. We can sell them at MSRP. Anyone interested can E-mail Charlie at sarantcaddy@att.net.

"Seems the real lacking came straight from GM. There is such a confusing array of training information from various GM sources that it seems none of them are true."

its all good brutha ,you had me thinking ..even if it was true i wouldnt have belived it , im a die hard vette fan ,i couldnt deal with CTS based vette

you live in norman eh ? my uncle used to live there worked at the plant , when he was there Olds cutlass ciera/Pont 6000,Buick Century /Chevy Celeb were rolling down the line ....i hear you guys put togther trailblazers and the like now (SSR too?)

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Off Topic-

Oaklahoma City = GMT360,370&305 = Short, long, & XUV
    Put in the 370 bodyshop

Lansing Craft Centre = SSR

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Thumbs up Re: unbelievable...

I just attended a tour at the C-6/XLR plant in Bowling Green, KY last week. The tour was directed toward the C-6 for the most part, but "strayed" a little to the XLR line. They build a new vette every 5 min; the XLR comes off the line every 20. There isn't a XLR tour per se, but GM might start if enough interest is generated. There are two tours each day, at 9AM and 1PM. If you're in the area, check it out!

I was down there a year ago for the c5 tour , very awesome

They had a seperate line for XLR , Gm said nothing about the cars dureing the tour but i could clearly see northstars sitting in vette chassis with cadillac interior peices and diffrently shaped windshield frames

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

yea they go for around 75 around where i'm at. But you gotta love how you open the doors...

Realtor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke
    I just attended a tour at the C-6/XLR plant in Bowling Green, KY last week. The tour was directed toward the C-6 for the most part, but "strayed" a little to the XLR line. They build a new vette every 5 min; the XLR comes off the line every 20. There isn't a XLR tour per se, but GM might start if enough interest is generated. There are two tours each day, at 9AM and 1PM. If you're in the area, check it out!

Thats interesting hell I didnt even know they were making the XLR there...not that I can afford one untill about 2020 but would like to tour andf only live 45 min from there...thanks for the info...is there a cost to do the tour?

standby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Allen Cadillac at Avery & I-5 in Laguna Niguel where the money is and I bought mine for $1.000 below MSRP and they have two sitting on the floor as I speak. This is a family owned store and I know every member of the family after 6 months of great service and the willingness to help. screw those LA car sharks.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by standby
    Allen Cadillac at Avery & I-5 in Laguna Niguel where the money is and I bought mine for $1.000 below MSRP and they have two sitting on the floor as I speak. This is a family owned store and I know every member of the family after 6 months of great service and the willingness to help. screw those LA car sharks.
    Is the same family as Bewley Allen Cadillac? Edmunds seems to use that dealership on occasion. I know they got their long term STS from there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.