Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Access to sensors in rear bumper? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; One of my rear backup sensors has fallen into the recess of the rear bumper. Seems to be a simple ...
1) Raise the rear decklid.
2) Raise the rear of the car.
3) Remove the tail lamps.
4) Remove the (5) push-pull fasteners securing the top of the rear fascia to the rear end panel.
5) Remove the (4) fasteners attaching the bottom of the fascia to the bumper/absorber.
6) Loosen the rear wheel house panels.
7) Remove the (6) nuts that attach the rear fascia to the quarter panels.
8) Disconnect the electrical connector from the Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist harness.
9) With an assistant, remove the rear fascia from the vehicle. You may be able to re-attach the sensor without having to completely remove the fascia.