XLR inventory among highest in the industry
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR inventory among highest in the industry in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Currently, GM is sitting on a 200-day supply of XLRs. So what does everyone think about that? What's the reason ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

XLR inventory among highest in the industry

Currently, GM is sitting on a 200-day supply of XLRs. So what does everyone think about that? What's the reason for such lack-luster sales? What's the solution?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: XLR inventory among highest in the industry

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Currently, GM is sitting on a 200-day supply of XLRs. So what does everyone think about that? What's the reason for such lack-luster sales? What's the solution?
    I think GM and many other auto manufacturers were a little over-zealous when they projected sales projections. With Cadillac in particular, the price point of the XLR is a little out of most people's price range given Cadillac's target market and still-rebounding reputation. What to do? Huge incentives. Interest rates are rising and dealer inventories are swollen...they must act soon. This article reiterates my point.

So let's look at the XLR's competition;

YTD Sales:

M-B SL Roadster - 1512 YTD
    Lexus SC430 ---- 1004 YTD
    XLR ------------- 514 YTD

There are no incentives on either the M-B or the Lexus but, there IS a 5.9% interest rate incentive on the XLR.

You want a REAL good deal? Check out a new Deville. Current incentive is $4000 cash. Pretty nice deal huh?

Another piece of interesting info:
    2004 Annual Sales
    XLR - 3665
    SL - 12885
    SC - 9708
    IMO, this is telling me that the XLR is less than a sales success. So again I ask the question, why?

swimpool5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

As a current XLR owner while this is a better auto than the last 2 seat Caddy, the Allante, the over all feel and quality still does not measure up to either of its rivals. GM still has a long way to go to get back much of its lost public support. Despite my nagging problems with this car I really love it as a daily driver but I fear that (as usual) when GM gets on the right track it will pull the plug.

BANK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX RWD N*

5.9% isn't much of an incentive. I do know that interest rates are up a bit, but some say there is no real reason for further increases as low wages, sales downturns, etc.. are not indicative of any futher interest rate increases. If I could get a XLR-V with the type of incentives I got on the SRX I'd consider owning 2 Cadillacs.

KadKat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

GM has not been doing very well with 2 seaters lately. I'm not familiar with how the Vette has been doing, but I'm sure it's close to where it's always been.

My Bride has been driving her CTS for a year now. She called the other morning on her way to work and said she had 2 XLR's pass by her in heavy stop & go traffic. She was excited about seeing this vehicle as she didn't know they existed. She went from a 2 seater to her CTS and it looks like she was having a flash back moment.

While golfing the other day, one of my partners expressed a passing interest in the SRR. After a few words, it was obvious he didn't know what that vehicle was all about.

While looking up some information for him, I came across the post about the XLR having a 200 day inventory. I looked up the SSR and discovered it was up to 300 days. Many were 04's too.

Except for the Vette, GM just hasn't figured out the 2 seat market.

homer403 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Firts, I believe that Cadillac should show advertising that is long than 5 seconds or ones where you can really look at the car ... the car is sexy, and needs to be shown and absored... it's amazing how many people don't know that this car exist .

Secondly, fix the Dealerships , get them to (1) learn there cars , and (2) treat the customer right .

sonjaab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Premium

My local Caddy dealer in Syracuse NY has a used 04 XLR w/8400 miles
    advertised in todays paper for $69,990. No color noted in ad.

JKN
    JKN is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Red One In Deland Florida New 2004 For 65k

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

one point i would like to make:

wasnt the sales target for the XLR 3,000 units per year? so if they made their target and truly limited production, would the 3000 sales number mentioned above be right wehre they wanted to be? they never intended to make 15000 XLRs a year. i am happy being the only XLR in teh parking garage next to the 5 SL500s.

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

jeffgtx,

Like you, I, too, thought the production target for the XLR was 3,000 per year. If they sold more than that last year - and are right on target for this year - it would seem to indicate to me that they've met expectations.

I'm tickled that my XLR is one of two that I've seen on the road here - and it never fails to get a look - and sometimes a lot more than that - whenever I drive it. The number of guys who give a "thumbs-up" and the gals who just wanna "chat" is amazing. Oh, if I had this kinda car when I was single and could have really used it.....

John

Randy_W is offline Banned

Gee, is this another shining example of your positive input??

The XLR is right where Caddy projected it to be. I wouldn't worry, if it bothers you, go buy Ford's 2 seat upper luxury roadster, oh that's right, there isn't one!

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The point of the tread is why is there a 200 day supply!
    If it was a hot selling car it would be a waiting list
    Caddy needs stand alone dealership, in Canada it is folded into a Chevy or Pontic dealer.
    514 ( sold in first 1/4)x 4 is only 2056 car

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    Gee, is this another shining example of your positive input??

The XLR is right where Caddy projected it to be. I wouldn't worry, if it bothers you, go buy Ford's 2 seat upper luxury roadster, oh that's right, there isn't one!
    Dude, what is your problem?!
    As Airbalancer said, the point was the inventory issue. Maybe you don't understand what high inventory levels mean but, that's no reason to be a D%@K to me! If I wanted to be anti-Cadillac, I would've said something like;
    Cadillac sitting on a 200-day supply of XLR's, great car huh?
    But I didn't. I was just interested in sparking a conversation about it and getting input from members about it. If anyone's being negative, it's you Randy. If you can't have an open-minded discussion about these topics, you should go elsewhere. I'm getting tired of people like you bitching and moaning everytime someone has anything even slightly negative to say about Cadillac or American OEMs in general. This isn't the UAW support website.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.