XLR inventory among highest in the industry - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR inventory among highest in the industry in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; the jag is about 75k, 80-90k with the gr-1 (so i read in motor trend), and the aston martin, just ...
    adam_mcd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: XLR inventory among highest in the industry

the jag is about 75k, 80-90k with the gr-1 (so i read in motor trend), and the aston martin, just the cheapest, yea it is 100k. but id pay the price of an xlr and the gap to drive an aston. i ha the chance to ride in an xlr and it just doesnt...appeal to me.

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Adam,

I agree that the sinuous lines of the Jag and Aston are vastly different from the XLR and have an appeal all their own. When I went to choose my XLR I drove a LOT of cars: Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Lincoln, Jag, A/M - you name it.

The Aston's were, for a comparable vehicle, priced at $134k with an 8-16 week wait. For nearly double the price it certainly wasn't double the car. But that's just my opinion.

The Lexus SC430 was nice, but at $64k, it wasn't up to the Caddy in any category. I even drove a loaner XLR to the local Lexus dealership and did a side-by-side comparison right in front of the place, along with the dealership's sales manager.

The Jag droptop, however, (aside from those stunning good looks) was seriously second-rate when compared to the XLR. The roof is a standard soft-top, and that got a big "thumbs-down" from me. The electronics are a full generation (or even two) behind the Caddy and are unimpressive at best. The leather and carpet in the Jag were head and shoulders nicer than the Caddy - but then again, GM has never been known for fine quality furnishings in their cars. While the Jag was nicely powered, it never really felt like it had much in the way of cojones, which was a real disappointment to me.

I will agree that the XLR takes some getting used to as a daily driver. I do a 16-mile (32 round trip) each day. The XLR is a bit cramped, and just forget it if you have anything bigger than a wallet to carry with you! It does, however, attract looks like a stripper on a parade float...*grin*

I'm already hankering for an XLR-V because I find the 320 ponies in the current XLR just ain't enuf. I'm trying to convince the wife to let me buy her an STS-V and an XLR-V for me. So far, so good.....

Regards,

John

adam_mcd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

..the jag i posted is new. dont know what theyre calling it but its been labeled the advance lightweight coupe.

QbanXLR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am new here and just got my XLR two days ago... I live in miami where the cars out there do not resemble the "norm" to say the least. b4 i bought the car i maybe had seen 2-3 on the road and thats really why i bought it, in a market where u have the high end cars all over the place i didnt want to be one out of many in miami, but ill tell u one thing i turn more heads than the SL 500

miked is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD

My thoughts are that the XLR is in the Lexus roadster/MB roadster/Jag roadster category, and definitely not up there in the Aston Martin category . . . .

inventorbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: XLR inventory among highest in the industry

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Yeah, there's a mag-probe type timing light that is the best way to do it but most diesel guys (myself included) usually just do it by eye. There's an alignment mark on the top of the pump mounting flange that corresponds to a mark on the manifold. They're "supposed" to be aligned but I bump it just a tad by eye. As I recall, it's usually about a 1/16" on the marks but that's why I told you to get your mechanic to do it. A couple degrees is all you can do as I recall. Get some input from a diesel mechanic. It would be the safest way. You can also do a Google search to gather info too.
    I'm looking for the mag-probe timing light mentioned in the reply. Could you tell me where I could obtain information or purchase a mag-probe?
    Inventorbob
    sugarshon@aol.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.