Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Since Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat nor is any other manufacturer, the only ...
    Peter Prowalny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-V

Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat.

Since Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat nor is any other manufacturer, the only choice I have is to buy a regular tire and carry a tire repair kit and a mini air compressor. Continental makes this size in a non-run flat as well as a few other manufacturers, but all these manufacturers are not top quality and provide equally poor wear mileage as Pirelli''s which is only about 30,000 miles.

I am thinking about installing Michelin Pilot Sport A/W 3 225/45R19 95Y on the front because it has exactly the same rotation speed as the rear and will not disturb the traction control system and provides 45,000 miles of wear.

Has anyone else tried this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wmduane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 XLR-V

Re: Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat.

I ran into the same problem. I was told by my dealer early last year that the warehouse only had 1 set of run-flats left. My tires were not quite ready to replace so I waited until Aug 2012. By then there were none to be found. I ended up buying Pirelli P Zero P245/45ZR19 95W for about $1400 for the set, plus tax and installation. They are performing well. The Pirelli website now lists 98W instead of 95W for this tire. Not sure what difference that makes. Duane

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.