Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat.

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wmduane 
#1 ·
Since Pirelli is no longer making XLR-V front tires P235/45R19 95W run flat nor is any other manufacturer, the only choice I have is to buy a regular tire and carry a tire repair kit and a mini air compressor. Continental makes this size in a non-run flat as well as a few other manufacturers, but all these manufacturers are not top quality and provide equally poor wear mileage as Pirelli''s which is only about 30,000 miles.

I am thinking about installing Michelin Pilot Sport A/W 3 225/45R19 95Y on the front because it has exactly the same rotation speed as the rear and will not disturb the traction control system and provides 45,000 miles of wear.

Has anyone else tried this?

#2 ·
I ran into the same problem. I was told by my dealer early last year that the warehouse only had 1 set of run-flats left. My tires were not quite ready to replace so I waited until Aug 2012. By then there were none to be found. I ended up buying Pirelli P Zero P245/45ZR19 95W for about $1400 for the set, plus tax and installation. They are performing well. The Pirelli website now lists 98W instead of 95W for this tire. Not sure what difference that makes. Duane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.