2005 xlr?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, 2005 xlr? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Saw a red XLR in town today and was wowed. Looking on Craig's List I see a 2005 red XLR ...
    popacork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Crystal Red

2005 xlr?

Saw a red XLR in town today and was wowed. Looking on Craig's List I see a 2005 red XLR with 46,000 miles advertised for $ 25,000 here in Northern CA. Anyone have any opinions pro or con about the 2005 model year? I am considering purchasing this XLR.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rich_M is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville STS (Sold), 04 XLR, 87 Allante

Re: 2005 xlr?

I recently bought a 2004 with 40,000 miles and can honestly say, I wish I had bought one long ago. The look, power, comfort and built in features make this a very unique car. It will draw attention. I drive mine everyday rain or shine. You must look at the car and drive it as well as talk to the owner. Find out if he is the original owner and what service has been done. Get the VIN number and have a dealer check to see if all recalls / updates have been completed. Pictures on Craigslist don't tell the whole story, they might have been lifted from another ad. Check that the owners manual, navigation manual, 2 keyfobs and one key (used for emergency entry) are included as well as the wrench to raise the top manually (required if the top is down and takes a fit). Check the trunk for water / dampness, Have the owner demonstrate top down and up operation and all dash functions. Have the car checked-out by a certified XLR mechanic, if possible, PRIOR to purchase as you will be on your own for repairs which can be expensive.

I'm sure others will chime in with more words of wisdom for you.

Any car purchase can be a good experience or a nightmare. You want the good one, so, do your homework BEFORE not after and good luck with your inspection.

Last but not least, come back here and let us know how it's coming along or for guidance.

Regards,
    Rich

Thanks Rich for the comprehensive reply! The car is at a Caddy dealer about a 2 hour drive from home, so I haven't looked at it yet. Will have to do some more research before I make the decision to go with the XLR. I am also toying with the idea of getting a C7 Vette.

Rich_M is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville STS (Sold), 04 XLR, 87 Allante

You will find a lot of information on this site. Good luck

sunsalem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V BR Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by popacork View Post
    Saw a red XLR in town today and was wowed. Looking on Craig's List I see a 2005 red XLR with 46,000 miles advertised for $ 25,000 here in Northern CA. Anyone have any opinions pro or con about the 2005 model year? I am considering purchasing this XLR.
    I have a 2005 in Silver Sand with 12,000 miles original miles on it, always garaged, looks and drives like new, will sell for 30k firm. Located in Salem, Oregon. Can send pics and additional info. If interested, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsalem View Post
    I have a 2005 in Silver Sand with 12,000 miles original miles on it, always garaged, looks and drives like new, will sell for 30k firm. Located in Salem, Oregon. Can send pics and additional info. If interested, send me a PM.
    Thanks...sounds like a good deal for such a low mileage XLR. After weighing my options, I decided to order a crystal red metallic C7 Corvette.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.