Steering Wheel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Steering Wheel in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The leather on my steering wheel is starting to look ratty. Has anyone replaced their wheel? Anyone know where I ...
    danno58 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 XLR

Steering Wheel

The leather on my steering wheel is starting to look ratty. Has anyone replaced
    their wheel? Anyone know where I can get some instructions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Akira is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

Re: Steering Wheel

I've ordered from GM Parts Outlet before with good luck. Give them a ring?

LittleNo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

You need a tool for opening the Clips that hold the airbag in place (access from the back side of the steering wheel), and a steering wheel puller (maybe you have luck and it pops off the culumn with just a little force by hand, but mostly they sit so tight that you have no chance without a puller). All the wiring you just disconnect (airbag and steering wheel controls).

Make sure to pull the airbag fuse before you start. When you're finished, put the airbag fuse back in, hide away from any airbag-zone and start the vehicle (use the remote starter when you have it). Maybe you need to delete airbag DTCs after that procedure, but mostly everything runs just fine from the first start.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Instructions are in the Helms shop manual. If you want to work on an XLR these are indispensible. (Along with a Tech 2!)

CC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.