2006 xlr exhaust - please help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, 2006 xlr exhaust - please help! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just bought my first XLR! Have been reading online quite a bit about exhaust options. Having just bit the bullet, ...
    bstephenson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 xlr

2006 xlr exhaust - please help!

Just bought my first XLR! Have been reading online quite a bit about exhaust options. Having just bit the bullet, i am a bit hesitant to spend a couple thousand on a complete installed system. Are there other short term options out there that others have tried? Can you just change the mufflers? Can you cut out the resonator? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: 2006 xlr exhaust - please help!

Quote Originally Posted by bstephenson View Post
    Just bought my first XLR! Have been reading online quite a bit about exhaust options. Having just bit the bullet, i am a bit hesitant to spend a couple thousand on a complete installed system. Are there other short term options out there that others have tried? Can you just change the mufflers? Can you cut out the resonator? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Yes, you can gut the cats and get an axle-back exhaust. Gutting the cats is cheap and easy. The axle-back systems I've seen (that I like), unfortunately, are almost as expensive as full cat-back systems. If you touch the cats, you'll need a tune to disable the sensors.

You could always find a muffler shop you trust and have them mod up something for you. I have a shop local to me that hand-built the complete cat-back Corsa system for my Eldorado and it sounds great, but so far I only let him gut the cats on Elwood.

Personally, if I were you and you want to get a little more sport from your sports car, then get the D3 Intakes and a tune and don't worry about the exhaust. If you just want it louder, then almost any muffler shop will cut off the mufflers and sell you something louder.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Jewel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac XLR

Hello......I am new to this forum and just finding my way around. My 2006 XLR is a fabulous car in everyway, but the exhaust was so quiet, it just didn't go with the car. Sooooo in July I put on a new Magna Flow exhaust/Dual Exit system and oh boy, it was worth every single penny I spent. The sound is a very classy, deep & throaty sound, absolutely perfect perfect for this car. The cost was $1712.00 plus $75.00 for labor. It sounds so good I have totally forgotten about what it cost me.

----------

Also forgot to mention..........by putting on the new MagnaFlow Exhaust system it really boost up the performance of the car, a notable difference right away.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Also forgot to mention..........by putting on the new MagnaFlow Exhaust system it really boost up the performance of the car, a notable difference right away.
    Proven with before and after timeslips and dyno runs, or just by seat-of-the-pants and noise ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.