widest C5-C6 rear Vette size rim to fit XLR
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, widest C5-C6 rear Vette size rim to fit XLR in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I know there are different offsets...and backspacing etc.. but has anyone found what the widest corvette rim and tire that ...
    RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

widest C5-C6 rear Vette size rim to fit XLR

I know there are different offsets...and backspacing etc.. but has anyone found what the widest corvette rim and tire that will fit under the fenderells in the rear.. I am buying a 2004 that has the stock rims that are pitted etc...and i want to go C6 like a 3spoke silver or chrome or polished rim all the way around...But i noticed that the rear 255's have plenty of room on the outside, at least and 1"+ to put a wider tire on and give it a better stance...Aren't the XLR and XLRV's the same thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: widest C5-C6 rear Vette size rim to fit XLR

Man these XLR"s are beautiful roadsters but they could use some more meat on the ground....It would make for a much better look and stance...The XLR i am buying in a few days has 255's on the rear and with a hubcentric spacer, probably at least an inch, a tire would still fit inside the rear fenders...Hasen't anyone ever wanted to put a 285 or 295 on the rear....????? I want a nice 3 to 5 chrome or polished C5 or C6 vette rim all around....I am hoping a 10" will fit with the correct spacing..That way i could run a 295 on the rear and would really do wonders for the looks of an already awesome looking vehicle....Anyway, i am going to do some more searches and maybe i will find some info...thanks guys....ps: I used to have a C5 and i have plenty of spare rims that i can try but i won't have the XLR for 4 or 5 days...

Tek King is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did you try to mount the Vett rims? I don't believe there is room due to the trunk being wider on the XLR to fit the hard top convertible in there when down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tek King View Post
    Did you try to mount the Vett rims? I don't believe there is room due to the trunk being wider on the XLR to fit the hard top convertible in there when down.
    Yesterday.i put a 9 1/2" wheel without a tire and no rubbing....but on the inside i had only about 3/16's of an inch b/4 it would rub up top up against the wheelwell frame..and the outside cleared the brake caliper with about 1/4" to spare..I was happy when i saw this...The rim i was using was a 1999 chrome C5 style speedline rim...I am going to see if i can get 2rear 9" wheels and 2 front 8 to 8 1/2" I really think these will accept nicely 275,s on the rear and possibly 255's up front...Not too worried about the fronts just so they are the same heighth or less than 1/2" shorter in dia...I would like to get 2 used rims to test fit first....I will also need a 27 1'2" to 28" tall rim for the rear and slightly smaller in dia.for the front.....If anyone has tried this or anyone interested please chime in......I am in no hurry to get done....He!! I don't even have tags to drive in legally on the street yet

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.