Looking for some help with driver side seat.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By ccclarke
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Looking for some help with driver side seat. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all, I am new to this XLR site and I love it. We have had our 2004 XLR since ...
    Amazeingme is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

Looking for some help with driver side seat.

Hi all,

I am new to this XLR site and I love it. We have had our 2004 XLR since 2006. I have learned so much about our XLR since I found this site.

A couple of years ago we sent our car to the dealer to fix the seat heater, it works great now. However, the tech broke the bracket off of the seat cover (lower plastic cover with the seat controls on it) I need to know what this iscalled and where I can find another one at a reasonable cost?

Thank you
    Amazeingme

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Re: Looking for some help with driver side seat.

If it was broken by the dealership's Tech . . . . . ?

You can buy it for what the dealer pays at gmpartsdirect:

Go to the catalog and enter your car specs.

Navigate to Body Hardware/Seats & Tracks/Front Seat Components/Outer Cover. Specify Left/Right & Ebony/Shale. $21.74

--You need to pull the seat to replace the cover.

If in doubt: Photograph every step to aid in re-installation.

1) Slide the seat all the way back.
    2) Remove the plastic shoes covering the front pair of retaining nuts.
    3) Slide the seat at the way forward.
    4) Remove the two rear retaining nuts.
    5) Lift the seat slightly and tip the seat forward. It's easier if you put a block under the two seat feet to keep it elevated.
    6) There are a couple of connectors underneath that need to be disconnected. Some have plastic blue keepers and plastic locking bales that rotate to separate the two halves.
    7) (And this is the most important part) Cover the sill plate with a heavy-duty cloth or risk gouging the plastic with the seat feet as you pull the seat out. It's heavier than it looks and very unwieldy. Don't grab anywhere near your already broken cover. You don't want it to break more and risk damaging the switches.
    8) Place the seat on a sheet of cardboard or another drop cloth with the seat bottom exposed.
    9) Remove whatever remaining screws are retaining the cover, and the screws securing the switches.
    10) Place the switches in the new cover and work backwards from #7.
    11) Kick back and savor a few cold beers. You just saved enough money to more than pay for them.

CC
    invza1 and invza1 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.