XLR Delay????????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR Delay???????? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So still no XLR's being delivered. I've heard problems with the top, wind noise, and drivetrain noise as possible reasons. ...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

XLR Delay????????

So still no XLR's being delivered. I've heard problems with the top, wind noise, and drivetrain noise as possible reasons. There must be some future XLR owners out there. What is Cadillac telling you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

xlrman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: XLR Delay????????

I have am order # from my dealer and I was originally told Sept 5 delivery. However as of today I still have no build date. I have no problem waiting for a problem free car except when Jan rolls around Ill wait for a 2005 model.

I would agree. It's Worth the wait for a hopefully problem free car.

pamlicopirate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 escalade ext--06XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    I would agree. It's Worth the wait for a hopefully problem free car.

Just read an article in Louisville paper. The NM models are on the line and should start arriving at dealers 2nd to 3rd week of Sept. Current production is 3 cars per day, with max output of 20.

CADDYDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD/00 STS

I did see an XLR over labor day weekend

I did see a Carmine Red XLR by Grand Haven Michigan cruising in the opposite direction Labor Day weekend with the top down.Someone took delivery.Very impressive to say the least.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Re: I did see an XLR over labor day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by CADDYDEN
    I did see a Carmine Red XLR by Grand Haven Michigan cruising in the opposite direction Labor Day weekend with the top down.Someone took delivery.Very impressive to say the least.
    Holland, MI eh? I went for a sail on Lake Michigan there once. I forget the name of the Marina.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJigga25
    Holland, MI eh? I went for a sail on Lake Michigan there once. I forget the name of the Marina.
    Was it Anchoridge Marina maybe?

Was it Anchoridge Marina maybe?
    Yeah I think that was it! We used to sail an old 28 foot sailboat from there..up to Frankfurt and back.

Yeah I think that was it! We used to sail an old 28 foot sailboat from there..up to Frankfurt and back.
    By the way, the XLR's are in. I called Frost Cadillac...Newton, MA and they have an Ultra Violet Nieman Marcus Addition XLR in their showroom. Only 101 have been made. The sales guy said it came in on Thursday.

I've been told that they are sold out for the year but its probably just that dealership. I can't wait to go take a look at it...he said it would be free to come in and take a look. Stupid sales guy...duh.

By the way, the XLR's are in. I called Frost Cadillac...Newton, MA and they have an Ultra Violet Nieman Marcus Addition XLR in their showroom. Only 101 have been made. The sales guy said it came in on Thursday.

I've been told that they are sold out for the year but its probably just that dealership. I can't wait to go take a look at it...he said it would be free to come in and take a look. Stupid sales guy...duh.
    If I heard a salesperson who is supose to be a professional, retailing a high line car such as Cadillac and if I over heard him say that fraze even on the telephone, I would have him in my office with the door shut and say to him, you are an unprofessional no good piece of f*#"?, turn in your keys to the demo and go sell at a buy here, pay here lot. The low life!

If I heard a salesperson who is supose to be a professional, retailing a high line car such as Cadillac and if I over heard him say that fraze even on the telephone, I would have him in my office with the door shut and say to him, you are an unprofessional no good piece of f*#"?, turn in your keys to the demo and go sell at a buy here, pay here lot. The low life!
    Yeah some car salesman and their retarded tactics make me want to barf. He goes..."well its free to come in and take a look, thats free." I should have said, "listen buddy, I'm in sales...work on your punch lines, they're damn weak!!"

Yeah some car salesman and their retarded tactics make me want to barf. He goes..."well its free to come in and take a look, thats free." I should have said, "listen buddy, I'm in sales...work on your punch lines, they're damn weak!!"
    You were probably shell shocked when he was being smart a$$ on over the phone and you were not a buying customer. The thing is, He did even ask what kind of automobile your driving or say,come in and i will pour you a cup of coffee and show you around, THE CLOWN. This is why customers get turned off often by the way they are greeted when it comes to purchasing a new car. Sure it starts by looking and and zeroing in on a car but thats the profession he choses to do. Deal with the public.Past experiences by word of mouth will be his nightmare.Use courtesy and common sense. Again, THE CLOWN.

I've had my fill of car salesmen lately, i've been to pretty much every luxury brand. Basically, I own my own business am 29 years old and live in a very hot climate, so I wear shorts and t-shirts ALOT. Well its funny how salesman will try to steer you to what they perceive you can afford, most dealers i went to werent real happy about letting me drive their top models, so i got a check from my bank thats doing the loan for me. Its amazing how their attitudes changed when you show them a cashiers check for 80k. On a brighter note, Cadillac treated me very well. their salesman never talked down to me and they let me have the run of the place, driving whatever i wanted. MB/BMW was not the same

You were probably shell shocked when he was being smart a$$ on over the phone and you were not a buying customer. The thing is, He did even ask what kind of automobile your driving or say,come in and i will pour you a cup of coffee and show you around, THE CLOWN. This is why customers get turned off often by the way they are greeted when it comes to purchasing a new car. Sure it starts by looking and and zeroing in on a car but thats the profession he choses to do. Deal with the public.Past experiences by word of mouth will be his nightmare.Use courtesy and common sense. Again, THE CLOWN.
    Man that really struck a nerve with you? any particular reason?

I've come to learn that carsalespeople are usually snakes that want to make as much money as possible off you. They play games to make more money and pass you off to the manager at the right time who then lies to you.

In May 2002 I def. paid 2 grand too much for my caddy but I was young and in love with the sls. Now I'm in a negative equity situation because Caddies' values drop like stones. Its not that bad though...

One things for sure, i have to like the salesguy for me to buy a car and I want them to make the minimum on any of my car purchases from here on out or else i'm not buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Its amazing how their attitudes changed when you show them a cashiers check for 80k.
    lol...you mean the expression on their faces change once you show them an 80k chashiers check!!?? You could probably see the cash register going off in their snaky little eyes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.