XLR Delay???????? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR Delay???????? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by AirJigga25 lol...you mean the expression on their faces change once you show them an 80k chashiers check!!?? ...
    CADDYDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD/00 STS

Re: I did see an XLR over labor day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AirJigga25
    lol...you mean the expression on their faces change once you show them an 80k chashiers check!!?? You could probably see the cash register going off in their snaky little eyes.
    I should of started a thread on How are you treated when your looking for your new wheels? I think i will.

jonrodman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville STS

Thumbs up Re: I did see an XLR over labor day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by CADDYDEN
    I should of started a thread on How are you treated when your looking for your new wheels? I think i will.
    Hi,

The only part of my local dealership I have been to is the parts department. Everyone there is very professional. I can't complain about anything except the price of the few parts I have purchased.

The other side of the story is that the Car Salespeople have to deal with some customers who are not easy to deal with. They may get a little edgy after a few nasty customers in a row.

I deal with the public and try not to let a bad experience with one customer affect how I interact with the next customer. Sometimes it is difficult.

Jon
    96STS

LESCADILLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: XLR Delay????????

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    So still no XLR's being delivered. I've heard problems with the top, wind noise, and drivetrain noise as possible reasons. There must be some future XLR owners out there. What is Cadillac telling you?
    THEY TELL US AS SALES PEOPLE, THEY JUST WANT EVERY CAR TO BE THE BEST WITH NO PROBLEMS IN THE FIELD. I HAVE SEEN OR HEARD THE WAY THE GAS TANK FEEDS FROM ONE TANK TO THE OTHER MIGHT GIVE SOME PROBLEMS, WHICH THEY HAVE TAKEN CARE OF. GIVE A CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LES. 847-362-4100

Quote Originally Posted by CADDYDEN
    I did see a Carmine Red XLR by Grand Haven Michigan cruising in the opposite direction Labor Day weekend with the top down.Someone took delivery.Very impressive to say the least.
    CADDYDEN IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO DRIVE ONE, WHAT A HOME RUN!!!!!! I'M SAYING THIS BECAUSE OF ALL MY EXPERENCE 20 YEARS WITH CADILLAC SALES AND BEINGIN THE TOP 3% I FEEL CADILLAC HAS MADE BIG STEPS WITH ESCALADES,CTS,AND XLR'S NOT TO MENTION DEVILLE,S WE FINDLY WOKE SOME ONE A THE TOP UP.THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE WAITED FOR DECADES TO SEE CARS THAT JUST OLD FARTS WOULD LOOK AT NOW YOUNGER BUYERS ARE LOOKING AT CADILLAC'S AND HUMMER'S.WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE WITH THESE TWO GREAT CARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    I've had my fill of car salesmen lately, i've been to pretty much every luxury brand. Basically, I own my own business am 29 years old and live in a very hot climate, so I wear shorts and t-shirts ALOT. Well its funny how salesman will try to steer you to what they perceive you can afford, most dealers i went to werent real happy about letting me drive their top models, so i got a check from my bank thats doing the loan for me. Its amazing how their attitudes changed when you show them a cashiers check for 80k. On a brighter note, Cadillac treated me very well. their salesman never talked down to me and they let me have the run of the place, driving whatever i wanted. MB/BMW was not the same
    I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE SHORT NOTES ON HOW YOU HAVE BEEN TREATED GOING TO THE SHOWROOM,I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS WAY BECAUSE IF YOU ARE AT THEIR SHOWROOM, YOU DID NOT GO TO BUY FLOWERS. YOU WENT TO GET INFORMATION AND MAYBE BUY A CAR IF IT MEET YOUR NEEDS

CADDYDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD/00 STS

Quote Originally Posted by LESCADILLAC
    CADDYDEN IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO DRIVE ONE, WHAT A HOME RUN!!!!!! I'M SAYING THIS BECAUSE OF ALL MY EXPERENCE 20 YEARS WITH CADILLAC SALES AND BEINGIN THE TOP 3% I FEEL CADILLAC HAS MADE BIG STEPS WITH ESCALADES,CTS,AND XLR'S NOT TO MENTION DEVILLE,S WE FINDLY WOKE SOME ONE A THE TOP UP.THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE WAITED FOR DECADES TO SEE CARS THAT JUST OLD FARTS WOULD LOOK AT NOW YOUNGER BUYERS ARE LOOKING AT CADILLAC'S AND HUMMER'S.WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE WITH THESE TWO GREAT CARS.
    Yes LES!! My fine #1 CADILLAC MAN, I drove a CTS and the new SRX. they are finally listening to Cadillac people such as yourself what needs to be done to get the customer on the American Performance luxury side and not across the big pond in each direction. Yep i need to drive what i call a stout automobile, the X L R. I agree with you, Les. Its a change that had to be done and now they need to get the advertising more dramatic to come across to the public about Cadillac, instead of people driving around looking pretty,and bulls being chased by Esclades running over the Bull Crap they left on the country road. Come on now.The best Cadillac commerical is the Cadillac CAN-AM RACE CAR AND THEN POPS THE STS. Thats not bad.

ellives is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '76 Eldo convertible, 97' STS Z-rated, '02 STS

Quote Originally Posted by LESCADILLAC
    As I've been saying to my friends a lot lately: "Cadillac... is back!"

Of course, I've only had to wait 20+ years.

rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Thumbs down FYI, Just saw this posted in another forum

"...well Lenny's XLR is back in the shop. Its been there almost since he got it.

First the top would not work (bad relay),then it would not go in gear (replaced the rear or trans). Clunking coming from all wheels. Now when he starts it it sometimes misfires.

The local dealer has offered to buy it back as a couresty.

The reason for this post is so other XLR owners can compare notes and not be told by Cadillac that this is a rare case.

... Its ironic that Cadillac did not want the XLR. Compared to the Allante it seems to me they have a ways to go to be as good as my Allante *... "

Name & email address withheld.

I do NOT attest to the veracity of the quote above, I'm only posting it for your information. Its for you to file away as we hear from more new owners.

..rickko..

ellives is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '76 Eldo convertible, 97' STS Z-rated, '02 STS

Re: FYI, Just saw this posted in another forum

Quote Originally Posted by rickko
    "...well Lenny's XLR is back in the shop. Its been there almost since he got it.

First the top would not work (bad relay),then it would not go in gear (replaced the rear or trans). Clunking coming from all wheels. Now when he starts it it sometimes misfires.

The local dealer has offered to buy it back as a couresty.

The reason for this post is so other XLR owners can compare notes and not be told by Cadillac that this is a rare case.

... Its ironic that Cadillac did not want the XLR. Compared to the Allante it seems to me they have a ways to go to be as good as my Allante *... "

Name & email address withheld.

I do NOT attest to the veracity of the quote above, I'm only posting it for your information. Its for you to file away as we hear from more new owners.

..rickko..
    OK - I was with you until the part about "Its ironic that Cadillac did not want the XLR.... " What does this mean?

(Why do people withold their name and address? Excluding address I could see. Providing a name gives some credibility.)

Ells

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.