will 9.5" rims rub on my fronts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, will 9.5" rims rub on my fronts? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys, Looking at getting some Z06 rims for my xlr-v. The factory tire size is 235/45/19 for the fronts ...
    lenoble22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac XLR-V

will 9.5" rims rub on my fronts?

Hey guys,

Looking at getting some Z06 rims for my xlr-v. The factory tire size is 235/45/19 for the fronts and 255/40/19 for the rear. My question is i'm looking at some vette rims and I can only find the new z06 style in 19x9.5 is the smallest width I can find. with this tire/rim combo, would that rub on the front? i'm assuming it wouldn't on the back. Also the factory offset is 61 and these ones that i'm looking at are 57mm offset....is that gonna matter much. I've already bought the tires so this is why I need 19's in the front. thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lenoble22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac XLR-V

Re: will 9.5" rims rub on my fronts?

any wheel and tire guys out there??

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

I am thinking about buying a 2006 XLR no V and the tires do NOT compliment the car ..I am wondering the same thing???How wide can i go in the rear and the front but mainly the rearand will C5 rims fit and how wide a tire can i run.....a 285 would look great..even a 275...ANYBODY KNOW PLEASE CHIME IN ..Thanks

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    I am thinking about buying a 2006 XLR no V and the tires do NOT compliment the car ..I am wondering the same thing???How wide can i go in the rear and the front but mainly the rearand will C5 rims fit and how wide a tire can i run.....a 285 would look great..even a 275...ANYBODY KNOW PLEASE CHIME IN ..Thanks
    I guess I should have answered the question earlier, but I was waiting for an expert to chime in. I am no expert, but learn from others experience.

From what I remember, 9.5 will fit but they will rub when turned full lock. There have been some people report they have no problems with the Z06 package on their XLRs, but I take that with a grain of salt. If you can stand the wheels/tires outside the wheel well, some are riding the 10" wheels in the rear, 9.5" up front and have never expressed any complaints. Others, more meticulous about the looks, attempted the 10" rears and hated it.

I believe a 255 is about as wide as anyone dare put on the front. I raced 285/40/18 in the rear on 9" Z06 wheels. They lasted two race days, one autocross, and 4000 miles and I had to replace the wheel bearing. Not nearly as good as the 255/45s I have now with over 6000 miles and almost no wear. I plan on getting 275s for this years race season and hope the bearings hold up.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.