Ipod hook-up to XLR
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Ipod hook-up to XLR in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Im new here and not yet an XLR owner. I researching before I buy. I didn't see a way to ...
    curtis820 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet

Ipod hook-up to XLR

Im new here and not yet an XLR owner. I researching before I buy. I didn't see a way to hook up an Ipod to the audio system in a 2005 XLR I test drove. I've read the 2009 owners manual on line and it doesn't mention an auxiliary input. My question is, How/where do you hook up an Ipod?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Re: Ipod hook-up to XLR

This company markets (lockpick) what you're looking for, though it will not give 100% functionality compared to say, XM. It will get your ipod tunes into the speakers though.

http://www.coastaletech.com/AMAZING_GM_LOCKPICKS.htm

CC

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

There is another alternative by Ray Kawal. Ray makes these primarily for the C-6 Corvette community, but it works in the XLR also. I know a couple XLR owners with his system and were impressed with the ease of installation. Ray's newest "V2 PAL" also now comes with charging capability for the iPod/iPhone among other improvements.

I've worked with Ray to design a custom system for my CarPC installed in my XLR-V. His system seems to be the most OEM looking one I've seen. It takes over the XM2 band and gives the enduser several options on how you interact with your iPod/iPhone or Aux device. Unfortunately, I understand it doesn't bring the ipod controls into the nav screen like it does for the C-6.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

curtis820 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet

Thank you guys! I appreciate your responses. I've read a lot of the threads on here and I'm convinced that an XLR would not be a smart but for me even though I drool like crazy when I see them. I drive a 90 corvette and I'm tired of fixing my "semi-supped" up hoopty. Seeing that it would cost me a grand to get a cup holder door fixed makes me go to my garage and give my rag top hoopty a pat on the hood. If only I could afford a 2009 XLR-V with an extra long warranty. Still...it baffles me why GM hasn't got off their butts and recognized how much the iPod is part of the market and make their audio systems user friendly to it. Hello?? GM??? They wonder why other car makers are ahead of them...

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Good decision Curtis! A lot of potential XLR buyers fall in lust without really understanding what they're getting into, and suffer the consequences accordingly. Like falling for an PITA woman who is a real head turner, it's always wise to remember someone, somewhere is tired of her. XLRs can be the same sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love mine. The XLR is a great car --unless you have problems, and then you're pretty much shackled to a dealer who may or may not be able to service the car properly, not to mention the outrageous costs for very simple parts (if you can get them.) Without a Tech 2, (which can run $2-3k) a DIYer has little chance of repairing an XLR properly for all but the most simple repairs. The vette is infinitely more serviceable and easier to modify (properly) without going broke, due to an abundance of aftermarket parts and accessories.

Check the posts here in about five years as late model XLRs out of their factory warranties and new owners who buy them (04-05's) on the cheap for 10-15k without an extended warranty whine incessantly with buyer's remorse.

CC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.