Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, 2009 rear bumper on older models in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone replaced their 2004 to 2008 rear bumper with the 2009 rear bumper? If you did replace it, did ...
- 08-14-11 05:34 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- HACIENDA HEIGHTS, CALIF. 91745
2009 rear bumper on older models
Has anyone replaced their 2004 to 2008 rear bumper with the 2009 rear bumper? If you did replace it, did it match up with all of the old holes and did the wheel liners still fit? What were the problems switching them?
- 08-21-11 10:14 PM #2Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- San Antonio, Tx
Re: 2009 rear bumper on older models
A great body guy should be able to "cut and paste" the tabs between those two bumpers so that the 09 fits. Just off the top of my head. Same with fender liners. How much difference in physical appearance between those two model bumpers?? Pics from parts dept might show significant differences with tabs.
BTW, tabs that are added will not be visible to anyone looking at bumper cover after it is installed.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Reach Pliers
Long Reach Pliers - 11" Straight Long Reach Pliers
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Hex Bits Set
SAE Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; SAE Hex Bits; Contains: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8"
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 50 Piece; 3/8 Inch Drive