passenger door
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, passenger door in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; All of a sudden my passenger door will not open from either the inside or from the outside. Red light ...
    skibum2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none now

Unhappy passenger door

All of a sudden my passenger door will not open from either the inside or from the outside. Red light activates but door refuses to open. Window will still activate but nothng else. any thoughts?..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Re: passenger door

Possible passenger door module failure. Have the dealer run a scan with a Tech 2 and they'll be able to tell immediately by looking at the module and switch status.

CC

Is it better to go to a Chevrolet dealer for proper service?..I was in Mesa, AZ. at a dealer and they "asked " me to have the car repaired at a Corvette dealer...Bad starter was all it was...Thanks for the info. also..

If you can manage it, always take your XLR to a Cadillac shop that has a certified XLR tech --meaning one who has completed the GM training specific to the XLR. Ask the Service Manager, not a Service Advisor --who may or may not be around in six months. Develop a strong rapport with the Service Manager, and your troubles will be fewer.

Despite the many similarities to the Corvette, there are quite a few differences. You wouldn't want to pay shop labor fees for someone to "learn" on your car, would you? There have been innumerable horror stories of owners who paid up the wazoo for educational experimentation seminars, only to take their vehicle to a certified tech to get it done right. I know, using a Tech 2 is similar for both cars, and replacing a door module isn't rocket science, but I'd rather have someone do it that's done it before.

CC

Smile Re: passenger door

Thank you for some insight into this ...I will find a local qualified dealer in my area.. thanks again, Larry

Not sure if you're still around Mesa, but Lund Cadillac might be a good choice.
    CC

Thanks for the heads up, however, I am now in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area and went on line and did some research as you suggested and found a very good dealer to work with. Seems like the door latch does not operate correctly and must be replaced. Ordered the parts and have the car back by tomorrow..(with luck )...I made sure that they were qualified to do the work. thanks again, Larry

Well, I got a little good news... turns out it was a connector that had parted... ( go figure )..did not replace any parts and door is operating properly as of this posting. MY NEW RIDE..2006 XLR.jpg

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by skibum2 View Post
    Well, I got a little good news... turns out it was a connector that had parted... ( go figure )..did not replace any parts and door is operating properly as of this posting. Attachment 76668

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.