Trunk Security
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Trunk Security in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have looked through the manual and maybe I am just missing this. When the top is down and the ...
    mikjut is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Trunk Security

I have looked through the manual and maybe I am just missing this.

When the top is down and the car is locked the trunk release button still works. Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

harrower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS XLR-V SRX

Re: Trunk Security

Your trunk will not open unless you have the fob.

alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Stand out of range with your fob and go have someone else try it. It should not open.

alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

I had a bad thing happen today. I went into Nordstroms for about an hour and when I returned I found my trunk open. There are a lot of expensive cars there and I assume someone was on my code. I have had several other experiences with my other cadillac, when I pushed my fob, another car trunk opened or it unlocked his doors. This could be bad in time.

Anthony Cundari is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR, 2005 CTS

I was surprised when I first stood outside my 07 XLR after it locked and pressed the trunk release button under the dash and the trunk went up. The trunk will open with the top down, the car is locked and the fob nowhere in sight. What you can do is flip the valet switch to ON after the top is down. Then lock the glovebox. The trunk button under the dash no longer works. The trunk button on the fob no longer opens the trunk. The button on the trunk lid no longer opens the trunk. Also, the top up/down button is also disabled when the valet switch is ON. In other words, if the top is down, you can't put it up until the valet switch is flipped to OFF. It is covered in the owner's manual.

Anthony Cundari is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR, 2005 CTS

Re: Trunk Security - Trunk opening by Itself

I have had it happen several times on my 07 XLR. The first time was in Jan 2010 right after I got the car. I walked out of work and there was the trunk lid in the air. After 2 days the dealership couldn't find a problem. I'm sure it happened at a gas station and I know I didn't press the wrong button as the gas cap lid was open. About 2 weeks ago it happened again. I put the windows down at lunch time. Drove about a mile and half to a fast food place and got out. Left the windows down. As I walked away the horn honked indicating the car was locked and I looked back. The trunk lid was up in the air. It obviously didn't go up immediately as I walked toward the rear of the car as I headed into the restaurant and it wasn't going up. But 15 seconds later it was up in the air. I'm now using the valet switch if I have something expensive in the trunk and I hope that all the power is killed to the trunk lid opening system. Has anyone else had this problem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.