Service Stabilitrak TSB #06-02-35-002B
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccclarke
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Service Stabilitrak TSB #06-02-35-002B in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    jellyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Service Stabilitrak TSB #06-02-35-002B

I have been having an issue with the Service Stabilitrak message being displayed on the DIC. I found this TSB

Code:
    2004 - 2008: Service Bulletin: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On,

Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC

Subject: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC, DTC C0710

Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal Set (Install Clip in SWPS Connector) #06-02-35-002B - (10/19/2007)

Models:

2004-2008 Cadillac XLR

2005-2008 Chevrolet Corvette

with Steering Wheel - Tilt, Telescoping (RPO N37 or N38)

Condition

Some customers may comment on a Stabilitrak® or Active Handling System light being illuminated. Also, this warning light

will be accompanied by a SERVICE STABILITRAK or SERVICE ACTIVE HNDLG message on the DIC.

Diagnosis with a scan tool may reveal a DTC C0710.

Cause

The most likely cause of a DTC C0710 on a vehicle equipped with telescoping/tilt steering wheel is high resistance in SWPS

connector C202. Fretting terminal corrosion may be present in the SWPS connector due to the telescoping motion of the

steering column. When the steering column is telescoped in and out, the female terminals within the SWPS connector may

move on the male terminals of the SWPS. This movement between the terminals may cause a high resistance condition in

the SWPS connector.

Correction

Remove the driver's side closeout (insulator) panel.

Locate the SWPS connector that connects to the steering angle sensor, located on the lower center of the steering column.

Install the clip (1), P/N 19179794, into the connector. This clip will act as a terminal positive assurance (TPA) and prevent

any movement of the terminals.

I checked for the DTC and there was nothing but with the car running I ran the steering column in and out a few times and noticed the message changed from Service Stabilitrak to Traction Control SYS Off.

Has anyone performed this fix and is there a step by step guide?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Re: Service Stabilitrak TSB #06-02-35-002B

I am having the same problem with my 07 XLR. It has been to the dealer 4 times and a few days later the traction control and the stabilitrack lights are back on again. When I restart the car it sometimes goes away and sometimes it does not go away. Sometimes the message goes away, but the car with the lock light stays lighted. Any help would be appreciated.

Yesterday I drove the XLR and while I was driving it I put the steering wheel in and out and sure enough several dash lights came on and the trans locked in the 3rd gear emergency mode. Thanks for the advise that the dealer did not know about after 4 trips to it.

I went in and had the above service done and I am still having problems. They are searching now with 3 more days in the shop and still counting.

Got it back with the pcm replaced and reprogrammed. The lights are out for now.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Which module was replaced to restore StabiliTrac? (No PCM on the XLR.) Was it the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module?)

CC
    gozzy3386 likes this.

It says PCM shorted J6360 replaced and programmed PCM. Set electrical 423 WC4 , 1 19210736 ECM Cal state 874299.
    46653 shorted PCM. J6360 1.60 follow the diagnosis test and replace PCM, reprogram PCM, ck PCM connectors, perform crank position relearn, set electrical.
    Crestview Cadillac in West Covina, Calif. Has a good man Gordon Armstrong, who will not give up, no matter how long it takes to solve a problem. His knowledge is really deep on the Tach II.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.