XLR Nav Display Update?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By ccclarke
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR Nav Display Update? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I would like to know if there is a way to change the nav display graphics. Not the maps itself ...
    mikjut is offline Cadillac Owners Member

XLR Nav Display Update?

I would like to know if there is a way to change the nav display graphics. Not the maps itself but change the graphics on the display. They are really old looking already. The new ones look much better but I would like know if it is possible to change that? Either update it or if I could change it on my own?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: XLR Nav Display Update?

Unfortunately, no on both counts. I believe the XLR shares the same nav disk with only one or two other cars and the nav disks haven't been updated in a while (I believe I have the newest and it 2009). The nav system is by Denso and for such a small market Cadillac has no pull with them or the licensed nav disk provider, so I don't anticipate it ever getting updated. Your only other option would be to replace it with an aftermarket system, but be prepared to lose steering wheel controls, HUD output, and several other "integrated" functions. The radio is also tied into the Theft Lock system.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

first version of the first gen srx used these units, i believe they changed in 06/07

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

first gen i think up to 06 used the same as the 02-05 Deville and the 02-04 seville and all the XLR models
    why they changed the SRX i don't know the units i think stayed the same they just changed the software firmware and disc for some reason
    i think it is possible to change the graphics on a display i thought another meber who is not on the forums anymore had an firmware he gave to someone to put the cadillac home screan crest sighn on there aftermarket unit so i would think maybe there is a way to change the screan on the OEM units but that would take alot of work probably not sure if it could even b done

awaterworld is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXV - 2008 XLR V-Series

yep,, we are screwed,, paid $102,000 for a car with nav unit worse than a Prius. (the one on my phone kills it) hard to believe I have to go to a car stereo place to get a decent radio,, and spend a ton for them to get it right. Who ever made this decision to put this nav unit into this car,, should no longer have a job.

NightshiftHD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 XLR-V & 2008 SRX-4 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by awaterworld View Post
    yep,, we are screwed,, (snip) Who ever made this decision to put this nav unit into this car,, should no longer have a job.
    Totally agree with you on that! I'm still running the 2008 discs that came with the car (there's nothing newer that I know of), but would at least like to hack the NAV system so a passenger can punch in a destination without me having to pull over to do it! Really annoying IMHO. Bill

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    @nightshift - have you looked into the hacks on the Deville units? Hold music note and try different codes 1791 OR 1971 one brings up video and tilt in motion and the other is a diag menu. There might be other codes for your model. In the first route screen menu area press and hold in the bottom right corner of screen for like 10 secs and a hidden menu comes up, press run then the button that's covered mostly by the clock display then you can Nav in motion.

Sent from my unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

The 1791 Nav unlock code only works for 04-05 and some early production 06 XLRs.

CC
    ron65 and ron65 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.