The XLR - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, The XLR in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally posted by Devil_concours Besides by the time XLRv is out newly improved c6 will be out Are you saying ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Originally posted by Devil_concours
    Besides by the time XLRv is out newly improved c6 will be out
    Are you saying that you think the C6 Vette will be out by this summer? I hadn't heard that. I was under the impression that XLR would preceed the C6 Vette by several months at least.
    My question is how will they (GM) justify the price difference between the Vette and the XLR considering their similarities.
    Also, the price of the XLR will put it in a unique situation. It's too expensive to compete against cars like the Miata, Boxster, Corvette, Z4, etc. And it's too cheap to be expected to compete against the true upper echelon cars like the Z8, SL55 AMG, etc. The only REAL close competition (price-wise at least) is the SL 500 which is a little more expensive, and the SC430 which is a little less expensive. The price-point is somthing that MAY make it hard to define what it's competition REALLY is.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by Katshot
    Are you saying that you think the C6 Vette will be out by this summer? I hadn't heard that. I was under the impression that XLR would preceed the C6 Vette by several months at least.
    My question is how will they (GM) justify the price difference between the Vette and the XLR considering their similarities.
    Also, the price of the XLR will put it in a unique situation. It's too expensive to compete against cars like the Miata, Boxster, Corvette, Z4, etc. And it's too cheap to be expected to compete against the true upper echelon cars like the Z8, SL55 AMG, etc. The only REAL close competition (price-wise at least) is the SL 500 which is a little more expensive, and the SC430 which is a little less expensive. The price-point is somthing that MAY make it hard to define what it's competition REALLY is.
    I said XLRv not XLR. SL55 is same as SL500 except that it's an performance oriented version which XLRv will be.

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante
    Reguardless of the platform C5 or C6, I would still love to have one in my garage. I think it is a step in the right direction for Cadillac considering that they killed the one of the best looking cars on the road(Eldorado). I hope Cadillac see the error they made and re-introduces the Eldorado in a few years, and continue to improve the XLR.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    If you think the XLR looks nice, take a look at the latest story about it in the Automotive News. It has a picture of the XLR and the original Evoq concept side-by-side. The Evoq looks even better than I remember it looking when you see it next to the XLR.
    Unfortunately, a lot of good looks were lost in the transition to production.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    I loved the Eldorado. It was my favorite Cadillac. They better bring it back! I think it's kinda ridiculous that it's gone.. What's happening on this planet? No more Eldorado, Riviera or Mark??

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    I agree. I thought the CTS was ugly in pictures... In person it's much nicer.. Still, not my cup of tea.. I hate the cold, hard interior...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.