Extended warranties
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Extended warranties in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Something to keep in mind about the GMPP extended warranties is that it must be purchased before two months before ...
    alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Extended warranties

Something to keep in mind about the GMPP extended warranties is that it must be purchased before two months before the existing warranty expires or 2,000 miles before the 50,000 miles.
    I have read on previous postings about all different prices for the same GMPP warranty, but I have not found that. They go by today's date, the mileage on your car, the year of your car and how many months you want to extend it and what deductible you want and how many miles you want. The most months I could get was 48.
    If you do not get it in time, you are in the danger zone and taking your life in your hands.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Extended warranties

I finally bought gmpp 48 months 40,000 miles for $3200,which was $700 lower than the other quotes. You can also have it taken out of your visa for either 12 or 18 months at 0% interest. You can only get 24 months if you buy it when the car is new.

NightshiftHD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 XLR-V & 2008 SRX-4 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by alarmu12 View Post
    Something to keep in mind about the GMPP extended warranties is that it must be purchased before two months before the existing warranty expires or 2,000 miles before the 50,000 miles.
    I have read on previous postings about all different prices for the same GMPP warranty, but I have not found that. They go by today's date, the mileage on your car, the year of your car and how many months you want to extend it and what deductible you want and how many miles you want. The most months I could get was 48.
    If you do not get it in time, you are in the danger zone and taking your life in your hands.
    Thanks for posting. I did not know this! I've been thinking about getting a GMPP extended warranty for my 08 V if they don't come out with a new one next year ... which they probably won't. My in-service date was very late (Aug 1/08) so my time will run out first next year on Jul 31/12 ... which was the date in my head to get the extension done. I'm very happy you mentioned this so I can put my reminder up prior to May 2012. Cheers, Bill

I missed something when I bought my extended warranty. The loaner car price they gave me was $35 per day and $175 total per repair. The car I get cost $47 per day and my car has been in there for weeks at a time. This could add up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.