Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Where are the xlrs?

15K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  David 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the breakdown of where the 15000 plus xlrs were shipped, such as how many were shipped out of the usa? Of the number shipped to the usa, how many are still on the road and how many have been totaled? I would be interested to know how many to each state , if the information is available. Thanks, bob

#6 ·
There are several databases on the production of these cars. Some show total production by option/color; some show import vs export; but nothing about where they are now nor their attrition.

Now if you're interested in seeing the largest gathering of XLR's this year - be at Bolling Green, KY on July 14-16 for the Corvette Homecoming. There are over 30 to date that I know of that will be there and we're shooting for over 100. For those of you on the East Coast there will be a caravan of over a dozen at the Biltmore Estate (NC) on the 9-10th of April and on to Charleston, SC where we should pick up five or six more for the rest of the week.

#8 ·
I don't see why the hell not! We have a couple vettes we let tag along all the time.

#9 · (Edited)
deleted

#15 ·
"PS: I drive a CTS-V but would love to add an XLR to the collection."

Be careful what you wish for Jay! Once I bought my XLR, my CTS-V hardly get driven!! (It's an '04 with 20k mi.) With both sporting platinum paint, they look great side by side in the garage. Now that XLR prices have dropped to the point where one in good shape is reasonable, why wait? I used to live in a little town of 7000, and drove up to a car wash where a guy was cleaning his XLR; it turned out he had an (idle) CTS-V in his garage as well! The CTS-V is fun to drive, but rarely gets a conversation started at the pump like the XLR frequently does. Rarity is a good thing sometimes. And on a sunny day or warm night with the top down. . . . you can't beat it!

CC

#19 ·
After I bought mine. Now I see them a lot. I live in Florida and so far I have seen around 4. I have also heard of 3 within 10 min of my house. 1 is in my area (1/4 mile away) and a xlr-v. The others I was told are 5 miles away. I have even had some cards made up with a pic of my xlr and the website *******.com

#21 ·
I own a 2005 XLR that is crimson pearl. True you do not see a lot of them; but one day I was on Sunrise Hwy heading towards the hamptons and as I looked to the left there was a 2009 (same color) next to me. Image that. We both gave each other thumbs up. It is rare to even see one on the road and when you do they are black or silver. To see two next to each other on the highway and they are the same color is very uncommon.

#27 ·
If you're in Ohio you should join us at Mid-Ohio 2-4 August

#29 ·
D3 is usually the first to get his hands on the flyer. Team Cadillac Racing usually calls me as soon as the arrangements are firm. So, for example, last year's race was 3-5 August and I had the flyer posted 29 June. Many people like to get their in-field parking and general admission ticket around now, but the value of the Cadillac Corral package is well worth the wait. Team Cadillac usually reserves 10 of their Corral invitations for me to distribute early. Once you get invitation, you have to go on their Cadillac Racing website register and pay for the package, they then mail it to your home the week or two before the race. Here is the Cadillac Forums thread from last year: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...3710-mid-ohio-grand-prix-cadillac-corral.html

When I get this year's flyer, I'll be sure to post a copy in the XLR and XLR-V forums. The flyers say "V" only but ALL XLRs are welcome! And that comes from the head of Cadillac Racing as well as the head of Cadillac Marketing (I think I got under their skin when they tried to tell one of the MMs he couldn't get in cause his XLR wasn't a V - I went OFF! )

Oh by the way, you probably want to make your decision on going soon. I've had my hotel reservation since 3 February. The corral package may take a while to get published, but the hotels fill up quick! The Midwest Marauder XLR group is staying at the Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I-71 North (740-363-4700).

#34 ·
Welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.