Where are the xlrs? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Where are the xlrs? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by GizmoQ If you're in Ohio you should join us at Mid-Ohio 2-4 August Thanks for the reply ...
    BeePen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldorado 39 V16 limo

Re: Where are the xlrs?

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    If you're in Ohio you should join us at Mid-Ohio 2-4 August
    Thanks for the reply and information. Sounds like great fun! I will watch for the flyer and make my reservation quickly.
    Please keep me posted on any developments.
    BeePen

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BeePen View Post
    Thanks for the reply and information. Sounds like great fun! I will watch for the flyer and make my reservation quickly.
    Please keep me posted on any developments.
    BeePen
    Yeah, we have a great time (even if it rains). Camp Tofollo (the XLR Corral) gets a lot of attention in the infield.

We've been there so long we get a prime location and Team Cadillac goes out of their way to visit with us when they can. If you look close at the pictures below you'll notice the car on the end is not an XLR. Its a CTS-V owned by World Challenge 2012 GT Champion driver Johnny OConnell.

He parked his car with us since he was spending so much time with us and it was the most convenient/accessible place for him.

The Cadillac Corral had a great location and the catering was outstanding. When they said we'd have steak for lunch, I figured a processed steak sandwich. Boy was I surprised when they brought these out!

Oh yeah the racing was good, too. It was the first time Team Cadillac had three cars in the GT competition with the addition of driver Jordan Taylor.

Click the image below for the video.

Oh yeah did I mention, some of us got to do a parade lap in a brand new CTS-V. I was in the black Vagon. Again click the image for the video.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

ZippyG38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 XLR

Hello All, I can account for one of the 2004 XLRs, just acquired it yesterday and it now has a home in St Peters, MO (near St Louis)

talismandave and talismandave like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyG38 View Post
    Hello All, I can account for one of the 2004 XLRs, just acquired it yesterday and it now has a home in St Peters, MO (near St Louis)

Welcome to the forum.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

.....and....pictures?

HistoryBuff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I am new to this subject, but I wrote a book on the '05-'06 Ford Gt and I never see those either, though they made 4038 of them. Methinks that with cars of this price range, the owners have up to 18-20 cars so some they rarely get around to driving and aren't necessarily car club people so don't go to gatherings. It is the next owners, after those who bought it new, that will go to car events and fix up their cars and restore them. So look for them to have "classic" status in about 20 years.

Eslic1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac XLR

Good afternoon all.... I've own quite a few Caddys (Mostly Devilles) BUT 2 days ago I fell in love with one of thee most beautiful Cadillac XLRs I have seen to date and I snatched it up quick...lol. I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Cadillac XLR. (Pics coming soon) and I'll be seeking out different events to drive her to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eslic1 View Post
    Good afternoon all.... I've own quite a few Caddys (Mostly Devilles) BUT 2 days ago I fell in love with one of thee most beautiful Cadillac XLRs I have seen to date and I snatched it up quick...lol. I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Cadillac XLR. (Pics coming soon) and I'll be seeking out different events to drive her to.
    Welcome to the site and congratulations on owning one of the most stunning Cadillacs ever made.

Chicago is right in the midst of Midwest Marauder territory. See my other post here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ug-carmel.html). And if you can't make one of those events, there's always next year (we do them every year). We'll also have a fall drive through southern Indiana in October and next year we're planning a week-long roadtrip to Montana the first week of June.

Eslic1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac XLR

I just put a 2004 XLR in my garage 2 days ago... And I'm darn happy I did....

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS
    My uncle bought one new. He passed away last fall and cousin has it now. Think they go for 24k or so? About he same as similar vettes. Very rare in mn.

XLRated is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 2005

In real actual life, I have seen 4 XLRs, all of them double black. One at the San Jose Auto show Jan/2007 when I first fell in love with them (you gotta understand, I am from a hardcore Mustang/Ford owning family, this is forbidden love, Romeo and Juliet type stuff, they can't know!). The second one was in my work parking lot 2 years ago, (WTF! Who owns that, the "C E freaking O"?!?) The third time was on my commute home 18 months ago, tried to catch up, wasn't happening (maybe the same one from work). The last one was in mid-July in Stockton CA (and this is how I know there is a God) where I bought it (where yes I nearly faced family ex-communication, but the car is so cool they understood even if begrudgingly so. Some even cursed Ford for not building something equally as cool, what the t-Bird should have been. Another family member has bought a CTS-V in full defiance of his father. What have Done?). I have no way of knowing that all of these XLR's I have seen aren't really the same car. The reality of my life is that there is only 1 XLR in the whole of the universe and I own it. Anyway happy to be here. Looking forward to seeing my next XLR. Perhaps someday meeting some of you fine folks. In the meantime, I am....

XLRated!

One week till Carmel Artomobilia!

We will have a full dozen XLRs in the XLR corral for this event. There's still time for more to sign-up!

A good time will be had by all. Just get to the marshaling yard early and plan to stay all day. The XLRs will have a meet and greet Friday night at:

Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
    12197 N Meridian St Carmel, IN 46032
    (317) 843-1100

It is the usual jump off point for the Midwest Marauder XLR Club. We usually get together for dinner at one of the nearby restaurants and catch up with old and new friends following dinner. The Marauders get up quite early to wipe down the cars before breakfast and then we all cruise together to the shows marshaling yard.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

There are several XLR's here in the Des Moines area; I've seen a couple of red ones, as well as a silver, and yesterday, a blue one. No black ones sighted as yet. I think there are a few more Allantés in the area, including mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.