2007 xlr transmission
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, 2007 xlr transmission in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ccclarke i will try your super brain again, before i go to my useless dealer. When it shifts between i ...
    alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

2007 xlr transmission

Ccclarke i will try your super brain again, before i go to my useless dealer. When it shifts between i believe second and third at 18 to 20 mph, it is a hard shift, rather than smooth like the other gears. I can live with this, but if i let up on the gas at this point, it slams hard into which gear i do not know. I know it is not right, but i was wondering if it can be fixed by reprogramming something in the computer or am i at the mercy of the dealer to tear the transmission apart and try to find something. Thanks, bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Re: 2007 xlr transmission

Never heard back from you regarding whether you had any luck re-initializing your windows to re-test your passenger side before moving to the next step in the troubleshooting tree. . .

As far as your tranny goes, you'll probably need to have your dealer check your fluid level and possibly add some friction modifier to the differential. There's a TSB out on that your dealership should be aware of. Not sure who your dealer is, but Lindsey in Alexandria does good work using certified XLR techs.

CC

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

ccclarke, looks like alarmu12 is in Calif, like you
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Alarmu and alarmu12 are both me. Each time i use a different computer i have to resign up because it says the code is not correct. Yes i am in calif in hacienda heights. My dealer is in fullerton 18 miles away. My local dealer, which was 2 miles away, was closed by the nuts in gm. Now i have to suffer. Read no. 3 with the answer to the windows. ARE YOU A CERTIFIED MECHANIC OR JUST A SUPER SMART OWNER? Thanks, bob

weird that you have to have two usernames... I use two computers (home and work) and don't have that problem
    also
    Quote Originally Posted by alarmu12 View Post
    Read no. 3 with the answer to the windows. ARE YOU A CERTIFIED MECHANIC OR JUST A SUPER SMART OWNER? Thanks, bob
    what do you mean by this? are you referring to a forum thread?
    if so, just copy/paste the url (link) so we don't have to go hunting for it
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

My bad. There's another owner with a similar name who lives in VA. that I help out on occasion. Rippy is right. To keep the thread coherent, the answer to your other issue needs to stay with that thread.

FWIW, I'm just a certified regular guy who loves XLRs.
    CC

After 2 different weeks at one dealer and nothing was done but talk about it, i went to another dealer and after two and a half weeks at this dealer, it has been torn down and supposedly they have found a bad pump and bad seals and as a result of that they found something else worn through. I am supposed to get it back this week. Wish me luck.

I got it back, drove 5 miles and the traction control light came on. Took it back and they said it was a loose ground. Next day the light was back on and then went off, so I drove it for 2 weeks going on and off every now and then. I figured I would wait until I go in next time to get it fixed. Yesterday as I was leaving my neighborhood and all of my instruments went dead and all sorts of warnings came up on my screen. I shut off the engine and went to turn it back on to try to clear the problem and that was a mistake, it would not crank. After about 15 of this it started, so I drove to the dealer. The transmission was in about third gear only all the way. It is now back for another 2 weeks. Thank god for warranties, you would have to be a multimillionaire to own a xlr otherwise.

I am now 7 weeks with the xlr at the dealer out for one day and back the next.. The car is getting worse at each repair. The trans has not been repaired, all sorts of dash lights are on with messages. Sometimes it will not start with full battery power. Now when you take off it sounds like you are grinding rocks. NOW THE NEW DTS LOANER THAT I GOT FRIDAY HAS A DEFECTIVE AIR CONDITIONER, SO IT GOES BACK TOMORROW. IF I HAD NOT DRIVEN A CADILLAC FOR OVER 50 YEARS, I WOULD NEVER GO BACK AFTER THIS YEAR.

have you contacted corporate? i know it's a hassle, but sometimes it's the only way

Start here: Cadillac Customer Service. They should initiate a case number and start getting you the satisfaction you deserve and trust the dealer has lost: The number is 800-458-8006.

CC

I had been working through Cadillac. I got it back Friday and I think it is fixed. All of the warning lights are off and the trans is as smooth as glass. It was the computer in the trans. The radio is now working good with a new aerial module like we told them. All of the rattles are gone. There are new shocks and stabilizer parts. There are new hood supports. Finally after, like forever, I got to go for a top down cruise.

Rich_M is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville STS (Sold), 04 XLR, 87 Allante

I hope it stays that way for you. Enjoy it.

Regards,
    Rich

flittlejr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Or I found mine doing same thing and it was from not airing out every now & then. Although I am 70 I tried running thru hard acceleration up to about 100 does the trick for a while. also putting shifter in manual and hold it gears for a period worked also.Frank

wmduane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 XLR-V

Just FYI: the transmission on my 2009 XLR-V went out just a few hundred miles after I bought the car brand-new. I had to get a new transmission. I have about 21K on it now and the transmission still does not act right. It hisses when changing gears and there is a delay when switching from park to drive and vice-versa. I'm not so sure that it's not just a bad design. It is a fun car so I tolerate it. Duane

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.