Is it possible to disable ACC?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Is it possible to disable ACC? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is there any way to disable the sensors for Adaptive Cruise Control without losing CC entirely. I hate the way ...
    jellyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Is it possible to disable ACC?

Is there any way to disable the sensors for Adaptive Cruise Control without losing CC entirely. I hate the way the car slams the brakes and floors the gas when cut off or cornering. I also want to install a lower FULL mesh grille. I'd like to keep standard CC though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

alarmu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR, ELDORADO & FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Re: Is it possible to disable ACC?

I am waiting for an answer also. I agree with you. I wonder, if we just put something like tin foil in front of the lens to kill it or would that stop the cc from working also. Bob

^Tom^ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS / 2004 XLR

hi, why you are not just trying to cover the lens-protector plate in front of your car?
    then it should come a warn light that you have to clean the lens (if i am right).
    but; maybe the CC runs anyway.

dnelsch is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ^Tom^ View Post
    hi, why you are not just trying to cover the lens-protector plate in front of your car?
    then it should come a warn light that you have to clean the lens (if i am right).
    but; maybe the CC runs anyway.
    Cruise control in the 2004 does NOT work when the lens is obscured!

ccclarke is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

You cannot disable the front (Distance Sensing Cruise Control) module and keep the Adaptive Cruise Control function. If the corners are sharp enough that the ACC is cutting out, (it takes inputs from the radar and yaw sensor) and braking hard when someone cuts in front of you in traffic, it's working as designed. Those are situations where you probably wouldn't want to use cruise control anyway.

ACC is great for freeway driving when there aren't a lot of cars jockeying for position and manuevering constantly.

Because of a perceived signal interference problem with the lower front mesh grill, ACC was not installed on the XLR-Vs, which were first introduced in the 2006 model year, and uses a standard cruise control instead. Many owners of ACC-equipped XLRs have installed the lower mesh grill and reported no problems with ACC operation.

CC

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    We have installed tons of lower mesh grilles on XLR's with ACC, no issues. Most people opt not to use it and we always disclose to them that there is a possibility that the ACC would no longer function with the mesh grille in place.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by alarmu View Post
    I am waiting for an answer also. I agree with you. I wonder, if we just put something like tin foil in front of the lens to kill it or would that stop the cc from working also. Bob

ccclarke is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    We have installed tons of lower mesh grilles on XLR's with ACC, no issues. Most people opt not to use it and we always disclose to them that there is a possibility that the ACC would no longer function with the mesh grille in place.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    . . . . .Because of a perceived signal interference problem with the lower front mesh grill, ACC was not installed on the XLR-Vs, which were first introduced in the 2006 model year, and uses a standard cruise control instead. Many owners of ACC-equipped XLRs have installed the lower mesh grill and reported no problems with ACC operation.
    Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ck=kcplinkRead more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ktrack=kcplink

--You're a month late on your diagnosis Doc!

CC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.