Chrome Stock Front Grill
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Chrome Stock Front Grill in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know where I can get a chrome stock front XLR grill besides XLR Gift Boutique? I believe the ...
    eric96816 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Chrome Stock Front Grill

Does anyone know where I can get a chrome stock front XLR grill besides XLR Gift Boutique? I believe the chrome grill came standard on the Platinum series model. If I had the part number, I could probably order it from GMPartsDirect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

alarmu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR, ELDORADO & FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Re: Chrome Stock Front Grill

I went to have mine chromed and no one would touch it, because it is painted and they were not sure what type of plastic.

I Googled "chrome plating plastic" and found a company that will be chrome plating my grill. They are very friendly and helpful. The company is located on the East Coast. It will only take 2 weeks. I will let everyone know how it comes out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

After three (3) weeks, I got my grill back nicely chromed. The chrome grill is a nice match to my chrome OEM wheels. The company did an excellent job. The grill now weighs at least twice as much - a lot of metal is covering the plastic grill. The name of the company is Paul's Chrome which uses a triple plate process that results in the most corrosion resistant and durable chrome. The people there are great to deal with. I took off the grill myself and stripped it myself. It was an interesting process. To put back the grill, I had to use epoxy to re-secure the painted strip of plastic along the bottom of the grill since the tabs broke off when I was pulling it apart. I used about 3 each two-part epoxy kits whch have their own static mixing tubes (you can get these at the hardware store for about $4 each) so you can't go wrong and mix a disproportional amount of components. The chrome work cost $535 which including shipping the grill from Paul's. Shipping the grill from Hawaii to Paul's was about $60 as I recall. Here is Paul's Chrome contact info:

http://www.paulschrome.com/

Paul's Chrome Plating, Inc.
    90 Pattison Street
    Evans City, PA 16033

800)245-8679
    (724)538-3367
    Fax (724)538-3403

Finally, thank you Paul's Chrome for being professional, communicative, and doing excellent work! The chrome grill makes my XLR really stand out!

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum

This thread needs pics.

CCC

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.