Chrome Stock Front Grill
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Chrome Stock Front Grill in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know where I can get a chrome stock front XLR grill besides XLR Gift Boutique? I believe the ...
    eric96816 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Chrome Stock Front Grill

Does anyone know where I can get a chrome stock front XLR grill besides XLR Gift Boutique? I believe the chrome grill came standard on the Platinum series model. If I had the part number, I could probably order it from GMPartsDirect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

alarmu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR, ELDORADO & FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Re: Chrome Stock Front Grill

I went to have mine chromed and no one would touch it, because it is painted and they were not sure what type of plastic.

I Googled "chrome plating plastic" and found a company that will be chrome plating my grill. They are very friendly and helpful. The company is located on the East Coast. It will only take 2 weeks. I will let everyone know how it comes out.

After three (3) weeks, I got my grill back nicely chromed. The chrome grill is a nice match to my chrome OEM wheels. The company did an excellent job. The grill now weighs at least twice as much - a lot of metal is covering the plastic grill. The name of the company is Paul's Chrome which uses a triple plate process that results in the most corrosion resistant and durable chrome. The people there are great to deal with. I took off the grill myself and stripped it myself. It was an interesting process. To put back the grill, I had to use epoxy to re-secure the painted strip of plastic along the bottom of the grill since the tabs broke off when I was pulling it apart. I used about 3 each two-part epoxy kits whch have their own static mixing tubes (you can get these at the hardware store for about $4 each) so you can't go wrong and mix a disproportional amount of components. The chrome work cost $535 which including shipping the grill from Paul's. Shipping the grill from Hawaii to Paul's was about $60 as I recall. Here is Paul's Chrome contact info:

http://www.paulschrome.com/

Paul's Chrome Plating, Inc.
    90 Pattison Street
    Evans City, PA 16033

800)245-8679
    (724)538-3367
    Fax (724)538-3403

Finally, thank you Paul's Chrome for being professional, communicative, and doing excellent work! The chrome grill makes my XLR really stand out!

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

This thread needs pics.

CCC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.