OnStar / Bluetooth help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, OnStar / Bluetooth help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; First-time poster, so apologies if I'm breaking any posting rules... Need help. Have a 2004 XLR and would like to ...
    Buck-KY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 XLR

OnStar / Bluetooth help

First-time poster, so apologies if I'm breaking any posting rules...

Need help. Have a 2004 XLR and would like to replace the old analog OnStar VCIM with a newer, bluetooth-enabled one. I do not want the OnStar service - just the bluetooth functionality.

Have tried several hands-free devices that offered bluetooth but I wasn't satisfied with their performance.

Does anyone know what part number this newer, updated VCIM would be? Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this VCIM?

Any info would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jamescy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 XLR

Re: OnStar / Bluetooth help

Just installed my new CoSTAR, it took all of 5 minutes ti install and sync up to phone. It did take me 30 minutes to find the VCIM. In my 2005 XLR, it in the trunk, slightly forward of the rear wheel, passenger side. Pull the cover back from the side panel at it's furthest point forward, the unit is down and close to the trunk floor. Unplug both white plugs from old OnStar unit, plug into CoSTAR unit, velcro in place, and push cover back over unit. Then start car, sync phone to unit, should be automatic, then plus telephone button on rear view mirror to activate your cell phone, say "call" and tell it a name as it appears in your directory.

alarmu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR, ELDORADO & FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Tell me more about costar. Does it kill the onstar system? How much does it cost and how much per month? Who sells it? Thanks, bob

galaxy1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V6 Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-KY View Post
    First-time poster, so apologies if I'm breaking any posting rules...

Need help. Have a 2004 XLR and would like to replace the old analog OnStar VCIM with a newer, bluetooth-enabled one. I do not want the OnStar service - just the bluetooth functionality.

Have tried several hands-free devices that offered bluetooth but I wasn't satisfied with their performance.

Does anyone know what part number this newer, updated VCIM would be? Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this VCIM?

Any info would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
    I offer a Bluetooth product called the Galaxy 1000. While we do not officially offer a unit for the XLR I have a customer testing one next week. If this goes well we will update our site and offer the unit officially. You can read what is being said about me and my unit here; http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...00-review.html

There is mnore information on my site at http://www.galaxy1000.com as well.

I would love to be able to earn your business,

Fred

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy1000 View Post
    I offer a Bluetooth product called the Galaxy 1000. While we do not officially offer a unit for the XLR I have a customer testing one next week. If this goes well we will update our site and offer the unit officially. You can read what is being said about me and my unit here; http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...00-review.html

There is mnore information on my site at http://www.galaxy1000.com as well.

I would love to be able to earn your business,

Fred
    Status update?
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

pwarnk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR-V Alpine

Did this work?

Classical Glass is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

I just purchased a CoStar unit after reading your thread. Can anyone please tell me where the VCIM is in a 2008 XLR? Also any info on installing this unit. I'm not good with electronics.
    Thanks for your help.

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

I am thinking about geting bluetooth for a 2004 that i hope to purchase..I thought they came with that..Mine will have the 6disc cd and Satelite radio..also need a good wind screen without payin $400 help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.