XLR Gift Boutique - BAD SERVICE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR Gift Boutique - BAD SERVICE in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I ordered a chrome grill from XLR Gift Boutique about 5 months ago for my '04 XLR and have yet ...
    eric96816 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

XLR Gift Boutique - BAD SERVICE

I ordered a chrome grill from XLR Gift Boutique about 5 months ago for my '04 XLR and have yet to receive it. After 4 weeks of ordering the grill, I called several times and finally got through. The Owner told me he had just moved locations, had phone problems preventing him from retrieving his messages, and was now in the process of "getting caught up." He promised to keep me updated on the chrome grill - that was some time ago. I have been unsuccessful in getting in touch with Tom - either via phone or email.

I will be reporting XLR GIFT BOUTIQUE to the Chicago Better Business Bureau next week. I strongly urge all XLR owners to stay away from this company!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shawn.foist is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven Black XLR and 2005 Raven Black CTS

Re: XLR Gift Boutique - BAD SERVICE

Same thing happened with me, but they kept the money that I pre-paid for my items. Terrible service. I will be disputing the charges and trying to recover my money.

alarmu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR, ELDORADO & FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Things have not gotten better. I ordered the cadillac xlr book on july 4, 2010 and paid for it on paypal and have not received it yet and no confirmation.

alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Things have improved. A new family took over the company in february. Then trouble hit them. The two main operators were walking on a sidewalk and a drunk drove down the sidewalk and hit them from behind and critically injured them. They are now back and everything is being shipped on time.

harrower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS XLR-V SRX

Quote Originally Posted by alarmu12 View Post
    Things have improved. A new family took over the company in february. Then trouble hit them. The two main operators were walking on a sidewalk and a drunk drove down the sidewalk and hit them from behind and critically injured them. They are now back and everything is being shipped on time.
    Alarmu? First post! I bet you are Gift Boutique. You just don't quit.

57ragtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR, 2002DTS, 1957 Ford Fairlane

harrower, I can not believe you don't believe 'alarmu" this story is true only he neglected to mention it was an alien spaceship that hit this couple and the alien driving was drunk and was taken to area 51. I believe this is a true story and am going to order one of everything from this company as soon as they release me from this padded room. John

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

The XLR Boutique website did change hands around the beginning of the year. The story circulating is their server crashed (no back-up files?) and they were unable to complete their outstanding orders . . . or answer the phone . . . or reply to emails . . . Is there a pattern here?

This may help before making a buying decision: http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-...re-il-88377170

or better yet, this: http://www.xlrgiftboutique.com/

The bottom line is they have shot themselves in the head with all the bad press they've received in the XLR forums. Their only hope is to change their web name, IP address, incorporate in Yemen and take their chances with Reaper strikes. Epic fail.

Caveat emptor,

CC

alarmu12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 XLR & 1993 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

I have received 2 things from them since they got back and the price that they charged were less than the posted price. Keep in mind i am the same person who wrote the complaint above.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

keep in mind that i would never buy from a website that looks like it was designed back in 1998

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.