Looking for wheels for my 06
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Looking for wheels for my 06 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm looking for new wheels for my 2006 XLR and I just had a few questions. I'd like to get ...
    jellyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Looking for wheels for my 06

I'm looking for new wheels for my 2006 XLR and I just had a few questions.
    I'd like to get 19" so do I need different air pressure sensors or are they the same for 18" and 19"? What tire size would I need in a 19" to keep the same height as the 18". What is max width recommended on the front, I want the same F/R so I can rotate. What is the actual bolt pattern and offset? I'm looking for Corvette C6 or Z06 style wheels like these that will fit the XLR

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Re: Looking for wheels for my 06

Honestly If i were you I would just upgrade to the 19 inch xlr-v wheels... they can be had at a decent price on ebay and look great on an Xlr and it keeps it OEM

My uncle jon has a xlr and I have been pushing him to do this also

I prefer the simple clean 5 spoke designs. I'm having trouble finding a design I like that will fit the XLRs. I also like the looks of these wheels but haven't found them to fit an XLR.

Niche Rhine

Neeper N-5

Boss 335

I don't like the looks of any of the wheels at www.d3cadillac.com

deadringer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Modified 06 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by jellyhead View Post
    I'm looking for new wheels for my 2006 XLR and I just had a few questions.
    I'd like to get 19" so do I need different air pressure sensors or are they the same for 18" and 19"? What tire size would I need in a 19" to keep the same height as the 18". What is max width recommended on the front, I want the same F/R so I can rotate. What is the actual bolt pattern and offset? I'm looking for Corvette C6 or Z06 style wheels like these that will fit the XLR
    Corvette wheels will not fit the XLR... I had to get my wheels custom done via forgeline/D3.

I have heard that there are some foose rims that will work on the XLR (he did some work on XLR's when they first came out in 04).

Well, those are actually Replica Corvette wheels. I went to discounttiredirect.com and put in 06 XLR and these are an option except those were silver finish, not chrome. I'm hoping they are available in chrome. They also don't offer a 19" wheel option for the XLR on their website search but they do offer 19" tires for the same vehicle....kind of strange.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...rw=&vid=008481

Why won't the Corvette wheels fit? it looks like the bolt pattern is the same, they just have a different offset. I'd actually like slightly less offset so the tires are at the edge of the wheelwell. I think it gives the car a sportier look although this would likely cause more rock chips.

deadringer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Modified 06 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by jellyhead View Post
    Why won't the Corvette wheels fit? it looks like the bolt pattern is the same, they just have a different offset. I'd actually like slightly less offset so the tires are at the edge of the wheelwell. I think it gives the car a sportier look although this would likely cause more rock chips.
    I believe that the C6 wheel wheels have completely different offsets... but you're right, the bolt pattern is the same. Additionally, I think that the C6 has a staggered front/rear wheel size and offset config from the factory... the XLR has matching front and rear wheels.

march is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 06

I just purchased the 19X8.5" V wheels for my base 2006 XLR and want to put the largest tire possible on these rims and not have any problem with clearance and the computer etc. I would like a good looking tire that is quiet and has reasonable wear as they will not be rotated. The wheels also came with TPMS from a 2005 base XLR.

1.What is the biggest size tire front and rear?
    2.Will the TPMS work from a 2005 on a 2006?
    3.What tire brand and type do you recommend?

XFireXLR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: Looking for wheels for my 06

The replica Z06 Corvette wheels will fit your 2006 XLR (Base), I have them on my 2006 XLR and can be order in any fitment.

Where did you get them from, what size did you get and are they chrome? Do you know if they are available in 20x8.5-9.5? I've searched for some time and these are the wheels I like the best.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.