Window Falls Off!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Window Falls Off!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Today my dad was putting the top up and one of the corner windows fell off!! (the ones that fold ...
    dnehthend is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Window Falls Off!!

Today my dad was putting the top up and one of the corner windows fell off!! (the ones that fold in and out) It appears to be held on by some sort of glue that just stopped holding, I'll post pics in a bit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dnehthend is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Window Falls Off!!

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Daaaaamn!!!!

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

Time To Get The Crazy Glue Out

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Go to your dealer and make them fix it better than before .

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Wtf?!?!?!

Slick Black Cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thats really dissapointing that a $75k car cannot even properly adhere a window.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

I call it bad design... Probably could have been done better somehow, maybe hold it in with the weather stripping itself, etc. A fully surrounding weatherstripping piece.

Mikethegreeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Rasie Holly Hell With The Dealership And Cadillac For That Matter!!!! This Shit Shouldn"t Happen To A $75k Car!!!!!

This Is Really Ticking Me Off

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikethegreeat
    Rasie Holly Hell With The Dealership And Cadillac For That Matter!!!! This Shit Shouldn"t Happen To A $75k Car!!!!!

This Is Really Ticking Me Off

I totally agree with Mikethegreeat!

Mejia

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Maybe I'm missing something here, but.....

Why do you suggest the owner "Raise Holy Hell with the dealership" ?

Did THEY design it? No.
    Did they manufacture it? No.
    Did they install it on the assembly line? No.

Who is it that he is going to turn to - to properly fix it? The Dealership !
    Who is it that he is going to trust his car with? The Dealership!
    Who is it that he will turn to for other repairs? The Dealership!

Who is it that you're telling him to give Holy Hell to? The Dealership

2+2 =5 Common sence dictates that he'll be needing the Dealership to be on his side and represent his problems with the zone represenative or factory rep.
    Personally speaking, I think that I'd want the dealership to be on my side, and fix my car and represent my problems/needs to the right parties up the chain ladder.
    Man goes out to eat. Orders huge prime rib of beef. It tastes horrible and he can't eat it AND there's a bug under the piece of meat.
    He calls over the waitress and......

1.) He says, This meat is horrible & I can;t eat it, AND there's a bug on the plate, UNDER the meat. Can I please have another, or something else of equal value to select?
    **OR**
    2.) He calls over the waitress and says, "Look here, you wretched little hooker, you F_ _ _ed this up but good. I want another one & I damn demand it now, 'ya creep.

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but.....

Why do you suggest the owner "Raise Holy Hell with the dealership" ?

Did THEY design it? No.
    Did they manufacture it? No.
    Did they install it on the assembly line? No.

Who is it that he is going to turn to - to properly fix it? The Dealership !
    Who is it that he is going to trust his car with? The Dealership!
    Who is it that he will turn to for other repairs? The Dealership!

Who is it that you're telling him to give Holy Hell to? The Dealership

2+2 =5 Common sence dictates that he'll be needing the Dealership to be on his side and represent his problems with the zone represenative or factory rep.
    Personally speaking, I think that I'd want the dealership to be on my side, and fix my car and represent my problems/needs to the right parties up the chain ladder.
    Man goes out to eat. Orders huge prime rib of beef. It tastes horrible and he can't eat it AND there's a bug under the piece of meat.
    He calls over the waitress and......

1.) He says, This meat is horrible & I can;t eat it, AND there's a bug on the plate, UNDER the meat. Can I please have another, or something else of equal value to select?
    **OR**
    2.) He calls over the waitress and says, "Look here, you wretched little hooker, you F_ _ _ed this up but good. I want another one & I damn demand it now, 'ya creep.
    Your concept is good. I want the dealership to back me up against GM.

Your analogy makes no sense, however.

The point of the analogy is that the waitress did not kill, process nor cook the meat. She merely transported it from the kitchen to your table. Your "beef" {sorry for the pun} is with the cook!! So, if you want something else to eat, and you don't want her to spit on it, prior to leaving the kitchen, you'd better not "give her holy hell" ~ ~ I am positive that the selling dealer of that XLR will go out of his way to bend over backwards and get that fixed, lend the man a loaner and apoligize for the inconvenience. Hopefully he will let his district manager know what happened, and hopefully the "news" will reach Cadillac (the division) so that this can be checked immediately.

What we'd wanna know is was this an isolated case **OR** across America are these windows falling off ?? How many dealers have had this with a car they delivered? I'd say that more than 3 should be serious, very serious cause for immediate investagation. Product defect? Inept worker? Both? Neither? What then..... They need to get to the root of the problem, yesterday!!!

JoeKr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6l SFI 6MT

First, I have to totally agree with Sandy.

Secondly, As a supplier (Tier 2) to several of the Tier 1's on this vehicle, there has been nothing but close monitoring of in-use experience with this vehicle.

I can tell you that any issue with the XLR will be closely scrutinized by Cadillac's sales, manufacturing, and engineering.

This is Cadillac's, if not GMs, image vehicle. The ownership experience is at the top of the list.

Every customer deserves only the best - absolute best - service, dealer support and compassion over a problem or defect with their car. Frequently that guy with the new Impala has worked longer & harder, and can less afford THAT new Impala than the owner of a XLR. Price of car is out of the picture. The wise dealer will take the customer's plight to the highest authority (sounds like I'm talking about a hot dog ) because otherwise that is a lost customer. (Ex-Customer). As you know, there are one heck of alot of politics within the automotive business structure. I have found the easiest road map thru them is politeness seasoned with determination. Don't take "NO" for an answer, when you know that yourself or the customer (assuming both) are correct. Just do not exchange bitter words, as that is a monester ROADBLOCK. The window (in this situation) problem is there. It happened, period. HOW the car & the customer are handled and how the problem is delt with will be the determining factor in selling this person another Cadillac, or shipping him right over to a European/Japanese/brand.
    People who work in car dealerships service departments deserve sainthood, having to deal with rightfully angry customers, and sometimes UNwilling service divisions to spend the $$ to right a wrong, or defect, and they are caught in the middle. Bummer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.