1ST XLR in California!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, 1ST XLR in California! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, Last Friday I ordered the plate " 1ST XLR " from CA DMV to put on my '93 Allante. ...
    rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Cool 1ST XLR in California!

Hi,

Last Friday I ordered the plate "1ST XLR" from CA DMV to put on my '93 Allante. I thought it was apropos, being the Allante was Cadillac's first true eXperimental Luxury Roadster.

..rickko..
    PS. My brother ordered "PRE-XLR" for his Allante.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: 1ST XLR in California!

Problem is that "experiment" FAILED

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot

The experiment may have failed in Cadillac's eyes, but it was a hit with most of the owners who love and drive the cars. You don't see Cadillac flying the bodies of the XLR across the Atlantic like they did with the Allante. I sure hope that Cadillac has their Sh*t together now!

rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    It seemed to have, for Cadillac and many of the original Allante purchasers. But now, many years later, there is quite a group of 2nd, 3rd, 4th owners of those cars that have them after having most of the bugs worked out of them.

I believe the '93s are the most trouble-free and least expensive to own and operate. Whomever owned mine before me really took care of it well as it has been virtually trouble free for me, plus EVERYTHING works as designed.

In my case I think its was a bargain being able to buy a 10 year old $65,000 car for a price in the teens and have it perform and operate as well as it was orginally designed to operate.

I couldn't be happier with the '93 Allante; especially when you consider its sophistication, luxury, quality of construction, eye appeal, and performance to any new car that sells in the high teens today.

..rickko..

scourge Guest

I LOVE the Allante body, but the car suffers from two serious deficiencies:

1. Its FWD when a car that looks like that SCREAMS for a RWD layout. Same thing with the Buick Reatta. Kick ass looking car, but was overpriced and FWD. Naturally, the Miata killed it off.

2. Crackhead designed interior. All those cheap switches all over the dash. Well, this can also be found in the interior of all early 90 GM cars. Again, a similiar issue with the Buick Reatta.

The Allante was a noble experiment for GM/Caddy. Too bad they didn't plan it better so its execution would have been better received.

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

And yet again Katshot pisses in the Wheaties.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.