Hi Folks,
I have posted about the Mid America Motorworks Funfest before. This is mainly a Corvette event (a really big one!), but the XLR's made their debu last year with Bowling Green bringing 3 and my one. This year they are giving recognision to the X's and V's with our parking and spotlight. Most of the BG folks well be there with vettes, X's and a V or two.

This is a big event. Last year some 15,000 vettes were there (including some of our forum members.

Mike Yaegar has been hosting this event for 20 years + now and they really have it sorted out. The planning and facilities are all done exceptionally well. There is often big name entertainment on Sat. night. This year according to Perrie Richards "Itinerary hasn't been set yet, but here's the plan for Saturday evening - Chuck wagon Bar-B-Q and bonfires with music by Blue Suede Crew followed by Matt Poss & Rolling Thunder."

Here is a link to their website where yu can check them out.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-1-334.html

This event is held just north of Effingham, Illinois quite close to the intersection of Interstates 57 and 70.

I live about 15 miles north and would like to host a dinner/cookout on one of the evenings. I have plenty of space and we can have a bonfire, you can canoe, walk trails, I have accomodations for 2 couples here and Paula has room at her place. There is space to pitch a tent, should you be brave enough! Hotel room supply tends to be tight, but we did add another Holiday Inn Express this year in Mattoon.

Many of you expressed interest when I threw this out at RIII. I believe that Bruce may round up some people in Indy and Ron Ursin is spreading the word in the Chicago area. Kevin amd Marion may head down here and others.

How about it?

Bob