2009 Cadillac XLR Press Release From GM
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, 2009 Cadillac XLR Press Release From GM in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; GM released a press release this morning about the 2009 XLR. You'd think they would have released more pics with ...
    Vettes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2009 Cadillac XLR Press Release From GM

GM released a press release this morning about the 2009 XLR. You'd think they would have released more pics with it!

http://cadillacowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2559

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: 2009 Cadillac XLR Press Release From GM

I love the new look! I wish they had shown some pictures of the interior though.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Here's some more discussion on it...

As Cadillac continues to update its lineup, it’s the XLR that takes its turn under the knife for 2009. Following the complete redesign of the 2008 CTS and the refreshed STS, the automaker is now turning its attention to a car that’s been neglected since its 2004 introduction and giving it some much needed enhancements.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...c_xlr_car_news
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

I was at a party over the weekend and spoke with a GM designer about the XLR. I told him we had an 08 and said that I had seen the photos of the 09. I went on to say that I hated the side vents. Told him that I thought they broke up the flow of the design and that they looked like a needless add on. I then went on to say that I hoped he did not create this accent. He said funny I should mention all of this as he was involved in it. He said that the entire design team did not like it except for his boss that happened to create it and demanded that I make it to production. There were other designs offered including one that everyone liked. Since the car has a long nose raked vents as MB has done on the SL work better. The design that everyone liked the best include vents placed further back on the car low on the body but the boss demanded his design go into production. After much discussion even the higher ups gave in and allowed it. Now the designer is no longer working for the company but his design lives on.

Mark

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

I think the side vents look kinda neat. I prefer the one the CTS/STS/Escalade has though. Also saw pictures of the interior and the gauges look so much better, along with the new dash padding. Very much improved.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.