Kudos to Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Kudos to Cadillac in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Like it or not, I MUST give credit where it is "apparently" do. I just read ANOTHER rave review of ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Kudos to Cadillac

Like it or not, I MUST give credit where it is "apparently" do.
    I just read ANOTHER rave review of the XLR in Road & Track. On the surface, the car seems like it should be a home-run for Cadillac. As long as the actual ownership experience is as good as what is being promised by these reviews, Cadillac should get a great boost in image and world-wide credibility.
    I still don't like the styling and would NEVER own one but hopefully for Cadillac (and GM), I will end up being part of the minority. Only time will tell now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    I always thought of you as a Fleetwood only kind of a guy. Even your SUV is a Denali and not an Escalade. I didnt realize till recently how close those 2 are in price.

Although, I do think the A&S looks better on cars(CTS,XLR), than on trucks(Escalade,EXT).

At least Caddy is going in with low expectations, something like 5-6k units per year. At that rate they should do fine.

It seems to be fairing pretty well in mag comparos, usually only losing out to the SL500, being second to the SL is pretty amazing, considering the 25-30k swing in "As-tested" price.

Now the SRX has to be a home run, and Cadillac just might be back on top.

I don't know about "back on top" but like it or not this new design theme seems to be selling cars for Cadillac. I guess it just PROVES I'm getting old or something. I must admit, it took awhile for the 2000 Deville to look good to me, maybe the others will "grow" on me too. Cadillac seems to be well on thier way to re-establishing themselves as a real player in the world market though. All they have to do is get thier dealer network in order. I think that's one thing that will hold them back.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    My dealership experience has been better than most. Although the dealer close to me is Cadillac ONLY, so that may make a difference. They have soda and ice cream vending machines that are FREE in the service waiting area, and a big popcorn machine, large screen TV, its pretty cool. Plus they will always give you a loaner or even pick up your car and leave you one of theirs. Ive never used that service but they say they will.

Now THAT sounds like a dealer that is making an effort to keep customers happy.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    If only every dealer was like that.....

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Originally posted by Katshot
    ...it took awhile for the 2000 Deville to look good to me, maybe the others will "grow" on me too.
    Sorry, but the Kia/Hyundai style headlamps will never grow on me.

I do like the CTS. I will reserve judgement on the XLR (and SRX) until I see it in person and in a few colors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.