New Article on XLR Testing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, New Article on XLR Testing in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=00745236...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    That tells me that they aren't as confident about the fit/finish as they'd like to be at this point. Initial structural integrity is one thing but after a few miles, the body and chassis tend to develope squeeks and rattles. My wife's Denali is a PERFECT example of this. When we first got it, the overall vehicle had to be one of the most quiet and solid feeling vehicles I'd ever driven. Unfortunately, after 20K miles, it's anything but quiet and solid. The thing feels and sounds like a rattle-trap.

I guess you can take the vehicle out of Chevy but you can't take the CHEVY out of the vehicle
    Our last truck (Ford Expedition) was far more squeek and rattle free at the same mileage. It's a shame since this is a beautiful, fast, and comfortable truck.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    KAT, sounds like you and I are closet Forders, eh? Even BMW's develop a lot of rattles and clunks. Did you do more offroading with your Denali than the Expedition? Just curious.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Off-Roading???
    HA! These kind of trucks are NOT at home "off-road", believe me.
    The Expedition went off-road once or twice during the 3 years we had it, the Denali has never been off-road from day 1. Really re-inforces the statistics about how most SUV owners never take their trucks off-road. It's mainly because:
    1. Damn things cost too much to beat 'em up off-road.
    2. Unless you change the tires, the SUV's SUCK off-road.

Now, TWO trucks ago, when the truck was MINE and not my WIFE's, I had a '95 Bronco and that puppy was off-road all the time

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    So are there any SUV's that are actually made for off-roading FROM the factory. One that immediately comes to mind is the Hummer, but are there any others. I would guess tires they came with would play an important role also because not all SUV tires are for off-roading like you mentioned.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    the 4runner seems like a decent off roader, with features like hill descent control and stuff like that

chregan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera
    4 runner is just another sissy SUV. The Land Rover Discovery, Jeeps (except the Liberty), Ford F-250/350 and the H1 are just about the only off-roaders sold in the US.
    The H2 has big tires to help it out but that IFS will kill it. In my opinion, if there isn't a solid axle under it, it's not going to go where I want it to. H1 is an exception but you wouldn't want to drive that suspension on the road every day.
    FYI, my truck is a Yukon and I HATE the IFS on it. Can't articulate to save it's life.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.