Introduce yourself. Show us your XLR. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Introduce yourself. Show us your XLR. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by desertwindauh Now , I have to find a way to tell the wife... Good luck with that.......
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: Introduce yourself. Show us your XLR.

Quote Originally Posted by desertwindauh View Post
    Now, I have to find a way to tell the wife...
    Good luck with that....
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

desertwindauh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 XLR

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Good luck with that....
    I'll leave it parked outside and see if she notices. May just be my last post. Pray for me folks...

pauliecadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 XLR, 1996 eldorado

Cool My 2005 xlr

2005 XLR
    Name
    Last 7 digits of VIN
    Date of Delivery
    Date of Production
    City, State
    Options
    Attach a picture of your car

Other information about your XLR

All replies not in regards to the registry will be split-out...[/QUOTE]
    Attached Images
    Gomaz likes this.

pauliecadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 XLR, 1996 eldorado

Re: My 2005 xlr

More pictures to follow. I picked this one up in Rhode Island. It was worth the 400 mile trip to pick her up. I cannot go anywhere without people stopping me to ask about her. Only regrets is I can not keep the top down in the winter.................
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: My 2005 xlr

Quote Originally Posted by pauliecadillac View Post
    More pictures to follow. I picked this one up in Rhode Island. It was worth the 400 mile trip to pick her up. I cannot go anywhere without people stopping me to ask about her. Only regrets is I can not keep the top down in the winter.................
    I put mine to bed from Nov to March so I don't even see it, let alone drive it (top up or down).
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

dougk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

I have recently purchased a 2004 XLR. The car is very nice but I am treing to find a passenger side seat cushion cover in ebony. gmpartsdirect no longer have it available. Any thoughts?

Eslic1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac XLR

Glad to be here.... I have an 04 XLR and I'm excited about having a car that not many others have.
    Attached Images
    Gomaz likes this.

XLRated is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 2005

Finally arrived (me I mean, not the car). Have been tracking XLRs ever since I first saw one at the San Jose Auto Show in 2007. When the prices of some older models finally fell into my reach, I started looking in earnest. Kept 3 browser windows open constantly (ebay, cars.com, and autotrader) looking for one to pop-up near me. Had to be double black (Like Elwood - a "Corvette in a Tuxedo"), reasonably priced, and a clean carfax/autocheck. Took 17 months, but finally one showed up about 90 miles away. Got there as the dealership opened, got the first test drive, and struck a deal. Seems I beat out 7 other folks for it as I am told that was the number of people asking to test drive it that day. Have been grinning non-stop ever since.
    VIN xxx5600049
    Delivery to me was July 20 2013, with 74K miles
    Original build date was July 05 2004,
    Campbell, CA
    No extra options listed on the build sheet.Cadillac_Forum.jpg

XLRated is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 2005

Well the grinning has kind of stopped. After just 11 days and 307 miles of ownership, my new baby stalled violently in a parking lot. Fortunately I was already in a parking space. The car bucked severely for more than 5 seconds. I had time to look and see if other cars were moving in the hopes of there being an earthquake. No such luck. Car finally stalled so I shut everything off. About 20 seconds later I re-started it and it ran just fine. I let it idle for about a minute, but everything was normal. About 2.5 hours later I drove it home and even though it ran fine the MIL was on. The next morning I tried to pull the code with my cheap code reader. It works fine with my Fords and my Chryslers, but I guess GM has to be special and I could not get a reading. Have a friend that runs a garage and he got the code. P0638 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Range/Performance (Bank 1). The MIL has since gone out on its own. Thanks to this forum I was able to determine this is not terribly uncommon. Am hoping to get away with chalking it up to different gas as it happened 3 miles after filling the tank (Yes I checked the gas cap and it was tight). Failing that, if it comes back I hope it will be just TB and TAC cleaning.
    Anyway, not the start to owning my first Cadillac that I was hoping for, but thanks to all you good folks for providing guidance on the problem.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Here is a slide show of my 2006 I acquired recently. Now I have a pair of, and only Cadillac at my home. I never thought that would happen in my life time, but I am having a lot of fun with both of them, and especially the XLR right now. I am still trying to think of a name for the XLR, just haven't come up with a good one yet. Oh and this beauty only has 12k clocked on it. So far no hickups or anything like that. My girl friends 81 year old dad wanted me to race him in his MB S550, and I had to tell him no, don't think his wife would go for that. So I'll offer him a ride in it someday instead. Anyway, here is a slide show on photobucket...

Click on the link to see the slide show.

http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/de...%202006?sort=3

Kmariebox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

car1.jpgName: Kim
    Last 7 digits of VIN: 5601415
    Date of Delivery: April 9, 2014
    Date of Production: Haven't researched yet
    City, State: Phoenix, AZ
    Other information: just 9,000 miles & in mint condition
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.