What would you have wanted to know before buying your XLR?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, What would you have wanted to know before buying your XLR? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; A quick Google search revealed that this is (probably) the only XLR owners group. My name's Bryce and I'm a ...
    Bryce is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What would you have wanted to know before buying your XLR?

A quick Google search revealed that this is (probably) the only XLR owners group. My name's Bryce and I'm a GM Commercial salesman in Colorado. I recently moved from selling Chevrolet only to selling company-wide (6/8 GM products, all Chrysler, all Ford, and Suzuki) so I've gotten this huge rush of customers wanting everything. I'm currently working with a customer interested in an XLR. So, that begs the question: what would you have wanted to know about your XLR before purchase? Good, bad or trivial: I want to know it all.

I knew some going into the sale but it's mainly carryover from what I know of Corvettes. Now I'm going to rummage through these forums and the '08 XLR product brochure. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jetboyphx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 EXT, 76 Coupe DeVille, 73 Coupe DeVille

Re: What would you have wanted to know before buying your XLR?

Bryce,

Welcome. I can only think of one thing that it took me a year to find out and that is that when raising the top, after it completes is you tap the button again it will raise both side windows. Neat trick. What I have heard form others is don't wear down the battery showing off the top. Keep the motor running when raising and lowering the top. Also, if you want the radio/nav screen to go completely blank the fastest way to do it is via via voice recognition. Just say 'screen off' There is a more active XLR forum with owners events and such. http://www.xlrforum.com/

G-man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

A few customers at our dealership got stuck in the car! Show them where the manual door release lever is in case the battery goes dead.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Other item:

Not too many responders on this forum-in case you haven't noticed.

Great car, though. (Third hand info.)

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

More posts here than on South African and Chinese forums combined.

loudv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Has it been wrecked? With the maturity of Cadilac buyers most likely not.

If it has all the software updates for the top, battery run down, ecm, etc.
    The warranty is long so no real issue but a hassle to get dealer to do software updates unless you complain. Have someone you know at any GM dealer run a VIS. He/she will know what that is. Any past warranty claim can then be observed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.