Burned cd's/Aux Input XLR 2004???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Burned cd's/Aux Input XLR 2004??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all and I would like to welcome myself as I just purchased a 2004 XLR and love it to ...
    tonypro99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Burned cd's/Aux Input XLR 2004???

Hello all and I would like to welcome myself as I just purchased a 2004 XLR and love it to death but I am experiencing the following problem.

1) When I tryed to put in my burned cd in the 6 disk cd player it will play but will keep skipping. I discovered that if I put it in the dvd player it will play crystal clear. I was researching and found that other people are having the similar problem with it and were recommanded to burn at lower speeds.

I tryed a disk that was burned at 8x and the same problem, I use Maxell Cd-r's maybe someone who has it playing in their car can tell me what speed they are using and what brand of disks. Maybe there could be a firmware update for the system I am unaware of? Any information concerning this issue would be highly helpful!!!

2) I was wondering if there was a Aux output for the 2004 XLR that I am unaware of? Any light towards this would be great also.
    Thank-you all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Burned cd's/Aux Input XLR 2004???

Just try a different brand..... any brand. Some players are just finicky and don't like certain brands. The reason it probably played in your DVD player is, the DVD player uses a better focused and smaller laser beam and the motor on dvd players are built to tighter tolerence. At least that is what I have been told.

Jim from Texas

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I had similar problems w/ burned cds in my 06 SRX, which has the same NAV unit as yours.

I bought blank CDs that are "Maxell CD-R Music" Cds. Not expensive at all. That resolved all issues. Make sure they are specifically called "Music" Cd's. It says "Music CD-R" right on the disks. Others should have worked, but they didn't for my unit and I had the same issue as you. Good luck!

What speed do you burn at with those?

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    I had similar problems w/ burned cds in my 06 SRX, which has the same NAV unit as yours.

I bought blank CDs that are "Maxell CD-R Music" Cds. Not expensive at all. That resolved all issues. Make sure they are specifically called "Music" Cd's. It says "Music CD-R" right on the disks. Others should have worked, but they didn't for my unit and I had the same issue as you. Good luck!
    What speed did you burn at with those?

TSS

I don't know the speed. Sorry. I burn "the fastest" I can off of itunes.

rufcar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 09 CTS and 97 Seveille STS recently sold a XLR

This past weekend I was at my 40th class reunion and they gave all of us a copy of 18 of the top hits for 1967. I had the Red X with me so I popped it in and got the worst sound ever! The 5 other factory cd's were ok though. So I tried some cleaners and nothing. Well I have one of those hand crank CD refinishers so I popped it in there cleaned and buffed and it played perfect! This was too a brand new never out of the case CD burned by others than a factory CD. Hey Its worth a try! I have saved many disc's with that lil baby! Good luck jim

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post

CRAZY! I bought those cd's and it worked like a charm unbelivable! It's just going to be hard now to find where to buy a spindle of these...since im located in toronto,canada and it seems no one sells them in spindles.

TSS

Glad to help.

I get them at
    Sam's Club here in MI.

goebel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did you put a label on the CDs that you burned? I had the same problem and it turned out the problem was the label caused to much friction and was dragging. I pulled the labels off and they worked fine. Not happy that I had to pull the labels off, but that was the solution.

TSS

I write directly on the CDs with a Sharpie marker - no labels ever.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

aux input
    done deal
    follow my instructions
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...n-non-nav.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.