Factory XLR-V Grille on 04-05 XLR
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Factory XLR-V Grille on 04-05 XLR in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know if the factory mesh XLR-V grill assembly directly fits the 04-05 (non-mesh) models. What I'd like to ...
    spectrablue is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Factory XLR-V Grille on 04-05 XLR

Does anyone know if the factory mesh XLR-V grill assembly directly fits the 04-05 (non-mesh) models.

What I'd like to do is order a factory replacement XLR-V grill and swap it out for the standard one.

It looks like the "Grille Assy XLR-V" can be had for under $400 from a quick online parts catalog search. I would want to verify though if that is the complete assembly (frame, mounting, etc.)

Thanks from this newbie!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rufcar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 09 CTS and 97 Seveille STS recently sold a XLR

Re: Factory XLR-V Grille on 04-05 XLR

I recently swaped out a V grill from automotive concepts took about an hour. When I was at Bowling Green I examined the V grills on V cars it looks like the end of the hood is different where as the AC one is stainless and glues on. I actually like the AC one a little better because of the Stainless vz chrome since the Stainless is poslished you canlt tell the difference. The real difference is the AC one has a black metal backing behind the Cadillc emblem where as the factory one is all mesh. Its more of a personal decision I guess. Good luck either way. Oh ya I did not install the bottom center full stainless grill as I like the blacked out look across the entire bottom. jim

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I am almost sure I remember reading some posts where a fellow figured out that it wasn't possible due to the differences in the hood and the front piece.
    Do some searching.
    I don't have a V here to look at right now to double check.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Will, You have disappointed us. We thought you knew everything about everything. No, that was Koz.

Keep up the good work.

march is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 06

I went for the aftermarket because the hood portion is not able to fit the reg. XLR. It looks good.

galen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac XLR

The V grill will not fit the XLR. The front of the hood is different. You will have to buy an aftermarket instead of a GM V grill. The aftermarket grills are more, around 5 hundred. Over priced if you ask me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.