Production Numbers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Production Numbers in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have had my 2005 XLR for 5 days and it's just too fantastic. Only has 2,000 miles, 100% perfect, ...
    LinSue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 XLR - Blue Steel

Question Production Numbers

I have had my 2005 XLR for 5 days and it's just too fantastic. Only has 2,000 miles, 100% perfect, bought it at a Chrysler dealer (owner traded for a Viper), but I have been talking with prior owner who is out of state.... never thought much about being a car fanatic until this car. Is there a way to find out how many of the blue steel color XLR's have been produced? I live in a pretty rural area and have probably only seen 3 or 4 XLRs ever. Had Eldorados from 1988 until 98 when my husband thought I needed a DeVille Concours, yuck! Been in Tahoes ever since....til now. Also, any other way to mount XM antenna besides drilling the deck. Can't bear the thought of that...will do without first. Previous owner wouldn't do it either. This is a great forum...hope I keep loving this car!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Re: Production Numbers

Put your wife in pass seat, and wrap 25 feet of 150 antenna wire around her. No guarantee. Biggest diff is that you will not be able to turn wife's mouth off. (Don't let her see this post.)

Jetboyphx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 EXT, 76 Coupe DeVille, 73 Coupe DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by LinSue View Post
    I have had my 2005 XLR for 5 days and it's just too fantastic. Only has 2,000 miles, 100% perfect, bought it at a Chrysler dealer (owner traded for a Viper), but I have been talking with prior owner who is out of state.... never thought much about being a car fanatic until this car. Is there a way to find out how many of the blue steel color XLR's have been produced? I live in a pretty rural area and have probably only seen 3 or 4 XLRs ever. Had Eldorados from 1988 until 98 when my husband thought I needed a DeVille Concours, yuck! Been in Tahoes ever since....til now. Also, any other way to mount XM antenna besides drilling the deck. Can't bear the thought of that...will do without first. Previous owner wouldn't do it either. This is a great forum...hope I keep loving this car!!!!
    380 in Color code 34U http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant...LR%20Stats.pdf

I resisted putting the XM antenna on mine for over a year but finally gave in. Wish I had asked how much to upgrade to the '06 antenna which is in the side mirror.

Thanks Jetboyphx for the Bowling Green link and XM info....will have to think about it and check out '06 mirrors. Not real confident in local dealer, not many XLR's around here. Did I understand your other post/reply that GMPP Extended Warranty will not cover roof mechanism? Since I bought this from a Chrysler store, Certified wasn't an option. Wasn't planning to really think about extending until more miles and later date. This is a great forum taking up entirely too much of my time....great education.

LinSue, I have since seen from a pretty reputable source that the GMMP Major Guard coverage will cover an XLR top, you just have to be sure you are getting the majorGuard plan. There are two other lesser plans. I ended up buying it from this source http://www.gmoutlet.com/quote/emails..._email2006.htm
    you definately want to get it before you hit 24,000 miles and prices are going up in October.

What part of the country are you in? I may know a dealer to recommend for the mirrors.

thomasrtabor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 XLR

Lin Sue PLEASE APPLY FOR THE EXTENDED WARRANTY Also find a Cadillac dealer whom you will probably need. I purchased a 2005 XLR new in 2005 and without an excellent dealer for service I would have been lost. I dumped the car after two years because of MANY problems, Dealers records show it was in their repair shop 16 times in 24 months but did not qualify under lemon law because my excellent dealer was always able to repair it. Most problems were with the top mechanism. The car had 7850 miles on it when I gave up and traded for a 2007 DTS which is fine. I hope you have a better
    vehicle than the person who bought mine got. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jetboyphx View Post
    LinSue, I have since seen from a pretty reputable source that the GMMP Major Guard coverage will cover an XLR top, you just have to be sure you are getting the majorGuard plan. There are two other lesser plans. I ended up buying it from this source http://www.gmoutlet.com/quote/emails..._email2006.htm
    you definately want to get it before you hit 24,000 miles and prices are going up in October.

What part of the country are you in? I may know a dealer to recommend for the mirrors.
    Jetboyphx, after reading thomasrtabor's post I should be looking for a good dealer. We live in the VERY FAR south suburbs (corn country) of Chicago. Owner of local dealership is driving his 2nd XLR off executive lease and claims his service guy is good, but of course didn't say if he'd had any trouble. I didn't buy from him cuz I didn't want silver/ebony. I'm wondering what I'll do in the winter months since I've read that storing this car isn't a good option. Guess I'll have to exercise it on snow/saltfree days. I got all the info on the warranty, thankx. Did you buy your XLR new or used?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasrtabor View Post
    Lin Sue PLEASE APPLY FOR THE EXTENDED WARRANTY Also find a Cadillac dealer whom you will probably need. I purchased a 2005 XLR new in 2005 and without an excellent dealer for service I would have been lost. I dumped the car after two years because of MANY problems, Dealers records show it was in their repair shop 16 times in 24 months but did not qualify under lemon law because my excellent dealer was always able to repair it. Most problems were with the top mechanism. The car had 7850 miles on it when I gave up and traded for a 2007 DTS which is fine. I hope you have a better
    vehicle than the person who bought mine got. Good luck
    thomasrtabor, thankx for your concern and info. What a bad deal. I've got my fingers crossed that I don't have your problems...I've waited so long for a fun car to drive. Loved my Eldorado and I could drive it all year long!

Jetboyphx, LinSue here again. ?1-did you install XM antenna yourself or have the dealer do it? Why would it come "unistalled" after paying for XM option..or isn't there a charge to install it? Mirror install sounds great until I think about tying into the electrical system. We have XM in everything... sometimes radio is just on the floor of a truck or tractor and it works fine inside with no special antenna...why wouldn't this antenna maybe work mounted IN the trunk? Just wondering.

LinSue, there is a tech for a dealer in Indy that posts regularly on the XLR forum http://www.xlrforum.com/ and Mr. XLR works for a dealership in Illinois that has probably moved the most XLR's of any dealer in the country http://cadillac-xlr.com/index.html

I bought mine through an auction at 1 year old and 5,000 miles. It was a 1 year lease return. Even if they had the XM option the antenna was a dealer install item. I initally did not like the look but got hooked on XM in the Vette so broke down after a year and had my dealer install it, they charged around $50 to install. It might work in the trunk but I think you might have problems with it interfering with the top when raising and lowering. I like the way you think.

I'm off to the XLR Rendevous in Bowling Green in the morning. Hooking up with a few others in Kingman then taking route 66 to Albuquerque to hook up with a few more and then to OK city and then Mempis for ribs and Elvis then into Bowling Green for the festivities. 45 XLR's and more owners will be there Thursday through Saturday.

Tek King is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by LinSue View Post
    I installed mine on the dash and it works well, go here for more detail:
    http://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.php?t=2568&page=2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.