Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet?

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: Anybody else drive a 300C SRT-8 yet?

More than you need to know on the SRT 8 Jeep

http://www.fast-autos.net/jeep/jeepsrt8.html

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    More than you need to know on the SRT 8 Jeep

http://www.fast-autos.net/jeep/jeepsrt8.html
    I've read that over already. Notice how they convienently omit the MPG??? I would too if I were trying to sell you an SUV that got only 11mpg.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    I've read that over already. Notice how they convienently omit the MPG??? I would too if I were trying to sell you an SUV that got only 11mpg.
    Rolex,
    It's the price you pay to be the fastest. At $45,000 you can afford the gas I guess.

Ya know, I was originally having second thoughts about the Jeep due to it's fuel economy but then I realized that my wife's Aviator only gets 13mpg so what the hell. Isn't all that extra power worth a couple mpg? Hell yeah!!!

Eric Kahn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham, 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

I test drove a Hemi charger (not srt 8) and is was a great car with lots of room (I am 6'6", 400 Pounds) and good power.

Deuuuce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    I looked at one of these things 2 weeks ago. It was attractive and I'm sure it is fast, but I didn't waste the time of the salesperson test driving it because I wasn't serious about buying. I agree the interior was lacking, but the seats felt good....much better than the seats in the 300 C.

I agree with what's said above about paying 45-47k for a Chrysler. The cost of maintenance, tire replacement, and mileage are all considerations I gave to owning the SRT 8 Jeep too. You pay sticker price for a fast vehicle, but in the end you're driving a Jeep or Chrysler. Call me vain but a Jeep just doesn't hold the same appeal for me [and most people?] as driving a Cadillac.

Someone also brought up the idea that while interest is high in these SRT 8 vehicles at this point, interest will surely fade. When it does you'll be WAAYYYY upside down after paying sticker price, and in some cases a few grand mark up.

To each his own. Between the SRT 8 Jeep and 300 I'd personally prefer the Jeep because I'm a truck/suv guy. Car and Driver managed to get 0-60 in 4.5 in the SRT 8 Jeep. I'll keep my Escalade over either.

Luckily for CTS-V and SRT-8 owners, there has never been a low-mid 13sec car that has ever depreciated poorly. But the Escalades are just so ghetto. But it is a great tow vehicle with luxury features.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123