Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Newbie performance modification question, 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TRIFECTA 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a quick easy engine performance upgrade that will not hurt my warranty on a leased car?
What chip or ECM upgrade is recommended? THANKS

#2 ·
I don't believe any ECM or chip/tune upgrade will have "no" affect on your warranty. You might be able to get away with things like intake and exhaust but then those specific components won't be warrantied either. Honestly, you're not even supposed to race your car - even if it's a CTS-V - as they can void your warranty. That's pretty much the same deal for all brands. There are so many fast cars out there but you're not supposed to drive them fast. :eek:

#4 ·
Re: performance modification question, 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

I don't believe any ECM or chip/tune upgrade will have "no" affect on your warranty. You might be able to get away with things like intake and exhaust but then those specific components won't be warrantied either.
Thanks! I think I will be happy with CTS Vsport Premium. Was simply curious if there were cold air intakes or other "simple" upgrades available. So I think that ECM or chipping is out of the question, I am not going to race the car but simply want to get it's full potential

Sal (Lord Cadillac) is right, if warranty is your primary concern, then ANY modification to the car will risk your warranty.

In your words however, to "get its full potential" out of a Cadillac CTS V-Sport however, an ECM recalibration is the first step. Without recalibration of the ECM, the ECM will restrict power delivered to whatever is programmed as the maximum allowed power from GM. An example will be the ECM will close the throttle body to restrict power if it detects airflow that exceeds what it thinks is right.

To increase power output, the ECM will have to be reprogrammed to either permit or acknowledge that increased power, or in certain cases hardware may attempt to "mislead" the ECM into thinking that power has not increased, such as changing the MAF diameter for example.

When previous generation vehicles are compared to the Cadillac CTS V-Sport, power limiters present in the ECM are not as effective because of inherent limitations in the sensors and the way the ECM operating system is written. However with the Cadillac CTS V-Sport, the ECM has been equipped with more capability to implement power limits.

I don't believe any ECM or chip/tune upgrade will have "no" affect on your warranty.
While the TRIFECTA powertrain recalibration for the Cadillac CTS V-Sport will not increment the write counter or the reflash history entries in the E92 ECM, TRIFECTA does not condone warranty abuse or fraud of any kind. We champion a "pay to play" approach when it comes to GM's powertrain warranties. However with that said, at any time should you wish to return to stock with ANY of our powertrain products, the included flash loader device will return your car 100 percent to stock. ->TRIFECTA's "Transparency" featureset.

TRIFECTA's quality assurance and validation process calls for 100,000 miles and 100hrs of full throttle accumulated as a prerequisite in order for the calibration before we would consider the release candidate retail worthy.

With any TRIFECTA powertrain calibration, the knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained. We also test for adverse operating conditions including but not limited to poor fuel quality, so that with any of our powertrain recalibrations, the car will be as dependable as stock.

but simply want to get it's full potential
In your quest to fully "unlock" the potential of your Cadillac CTS V-Sport, have you ever considered TRIFECTA's powertrain recalibration for the CTS V-Sport?

Our powertrain recalibration not only reprograms the engine controller for increased power, we have also validated and tested the powertrain for 100,000 miles+ at the increased power:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...lf3-powertrain-calibration-reprogramming.html

And speaking of "full potential", we also have software support for the Aisin 8-speed transmission on the Cadillac CTS V-Sport, and through reprogramming the transmission controller, the transmission will not only shift faster and more efficiently, the transmission reprogramming works seamlessly and in conjunction with the TRIFECTA ECM reprogramming to delivery that "full potential" per our interpretation.

The complete TRIFECTA powertrain calibration also includes reprogramming of the eLSD controller in the Cadillac CTS V-Sport, but in my opinion what makes TRIFECTA distinguished is that we are the first that we know of to buy our own fleet of Cadillac CTS V-Sport vehicles so that we find and make discoveries on our own cars, not customer vehicles.

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks! I think I will be happy with CTS Vsport Premium. Was simply curious if there were cold air intakes or other "simple" upgrades available. So I think that ECM or chipping is out of the question, I am not going to race the car but simply want to get it's full potential

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.