CTS Vsport Tuned Numbers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac V-Sport Performance Mods Discussion, CTS Vsport Tuned Numbers in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; If you look at their site they are already adding super charger kits to C7's that have direct injection and ...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver
    If you look at their site they are already adding super charger kits to C7's that have direct injection and tuning them with experience of doing turbo/ super chargers on other GM's.

What they are doing is no different than what one of the companies does that you recommend in other parts of the forum here that operate exactly the same way by requesting test vehicles on their site where they use other people's vehicles that they personally do not own as the Guinea pig to experiment and develop their own tunes including a tune you are already using.

As long as the OP is happy that is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSturbo View Post
    Tuning a bunch of cars with a different type of engine that is neither direct injected nor twin turbo as is what is in the CTS Vsport doesn't apply here at all. Their "tuning" and "specializing" for 13 years in another engine type is just that, obsolete and won't help a bit in something as new as this.

I agree with sonny on this, you're their guinie pig and experiment. Combined with incomplete software support from HPT and no transmission support, the nice way of putting it would be that its "incomplete".

I don't think its responsible for shops that "tune" cars to experiment with customer cars. They should be doing their testing on their own cars.

ATSturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

Thumbs down A supercharger KIT does not mean they know how to tune this!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    If you look at their site they are already adding super charger kits to C7's that have direct injection and tuning them with experience of doing turbo/ super chargers on other GM's.

What they are doing is no different than what one of the companies does that you recommend in other parts of the forum here that operate exactly the same way by requesting test vehicles on their site where they use other people's vehicles that they personally do not own as the Guinea pig to experiment and develop their own tunes including a tune you are already using.
    I disagree with this.

A shop installing someone else's supercharger kit on a V8 engine is not the same thing. All of the current corvette C7 supercharger kits all come with canned tunes so even if they don't have any idea what they're doing they can still get a kit installed. Tuning a naturally aspirated V8 with complete HPT support is also very different than what is happening here. HPT support currently is incomplete and very limited and HPT offers no support for the Aisin 8 speed transmission whatsoever.

There are companies that have done thousands of direct injected factory turbocharged GM's that have the experience and expertise to do these and doing your first one on a customer car is not the same thing. What they are doing is using a customer car as their guinie pig or learning curve. They have no idea what is safe or what the long term effects are at all. Its their first one and its a spend maybe an hour and then they send you off hoping for the best.

From what I understand of both of the companies mentioned in your post, PFADT/TRIFECTA and KPE/IPF both develop tunes on their own vehicles, and have tuned thousands of direct injected turbocharged vehicles across the world. What you're describing is not even close to the equal of a resume like that. A first attempt without any long term testing is amateur at best.

Perses is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

Re: A supercharger KIT does not mean they know how to tune this!

Quote Originally Posted by ATSturbo View Post
    There are companies that have done thousands of direct injected factory turbocharged GM's that have the experience and expertise to do these and doing your first one on a customer car is not the same thing. What they are doing is using a customer car as their guinie pig or learning curve. They have no idea what is safe or what the long term effects are at all. Its their first one and its a spend maybe an hour and then they send you off hoping for the best.
    I gotta say, I know this feeling.

I had an ISF and a GT500 before my Vsport and it took a few tries for the dyno tuning shop to get things right on my Shelby. Was not a fun experience at all.

I've always wondered though, in the BMW, Merc, and Lexus world there isn't really anyone selling a dyno tune.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: A supercharger KIT does not mean they know how to tune this!

Never mind there is enough people else where around here that disagree with you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.