TRIFECTA presents: LF3 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming, CTS V-Sport 3.6TT MY2014
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac V-Sport Performance Mods Discussion, TRIFECTA presents: LF3 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming, CTS V-Sport 3.6TT MY2014 in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; http://i41.tinypic.com/29kx6k1.jpg images are attached above TRIFECTA presents: Cadillac CTS V-Sport 3.6TT (Twin Turbo) LF3 MY2014 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming This release ...
    fafnir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ATS, CTS-V

Post TRIFECTA presents: LF3 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming, CTS V-Sport 3.6TT MY2014

http://i41.tinypic.com/29kx6k1.jpg

images are attached above

TRIFECTA presents: Cadillac CTS V-Sport 3.6TT (Twin Turbo) LF3 MY2014 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

This release post is a presentation of the software engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: You're looking at the "fastest Cadillac CTS V-Sport in North America" (as of January 24th 2014). The TRIFECTA Performance Cadillac CTS V-Sport LF3 MY2014 powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield gains of +81 ft-lbs and +74 WHP to a completely stock Cadillac CTS V-Sport LF3 MY2014.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Cadillac CTS V-Sport 3.6TT MY2014 LF3 ECM software reprogramming:

-Gains of +81 ft-lbs and +74 WHP
    -Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
    -Power feels linear and immediately responsive
    -Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
    -Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
    -Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
    -Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
    -Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
    -Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Cadillac CTS V-Sport 3.6TT MY2014 Aisin 8-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary Aisin transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
    -Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
    -Improved shift logic
    -Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
    -Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
    -Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
    -Premium fuel is strongly recommended, but not required

Dyno sheet and video:

http://youtu.be/Fs5uuc2ho28

LF3 dyno graph (93 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport with a LF3 3.6 Twin Turbo engine) - stock wheels/tires:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2zjfarp.jpg

Additional information and availability:

-Please contact Trifecta Performance: info@trifectaperformance.com or visit WOT-tuning: www.wot-tuning.com for more information
    -This powertrain calibration is available exclusively through Trifecta Performance and WOT-tuning; (as of January 24th 2014): wholesale inquiries are welcome though provided that you are an existing and active Trifecta reseller
    -This powertrain calibration includes a Trifecta powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
    -Powertrain calibrations currently exist for North American vehicles only, with more regions to follow
    -Pricing TBA

-
    Attached Images
    CapnCurt likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sodamninsane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: TRIFECTA presents: LF3 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming, CTS V-Sport 3.6TT MY

Any specs on the tune? Like max boost pressure observed, what kind of IAT / MAT you guys are running at those power levels?

changzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: TRIFECTA presents: LF3 Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming, CTS V-Sport 3.6TT MY

How does this affect the factory warranty?

fafnir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ATS, CTS-V

Question Re: Questions and Answers, February 6th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
    That's a great improvement! Very curious what the price looks like. +74 WHP means it is over 500HP crank?
    Estimated crank HP reported from the ECM is over 500hp, but past the factory power output levels that number is probably no longer accurate. Measured SAE at the wheels is more accurate and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgedieselguy View Post
    I have a new sickness, specifically a 2014 v sport that wants to get this tune. I am the founder of blue chip diesel, wanting to play with my new car. Tell me who to talk with, and so on!
    Thanks, Chip Fisher
    We are presently still validating the powertrain calibration. Prior to considering a powertrain recalibration acceptable for retail release, Trifecta's quality assurance and validation process calls for 100,000 miles and 100hrs of full throttle accumulated as a prerequisite. Making the power is done, but we're still validating the power output so that the powertrain recalibration will be safe and reliable. We at Trifecta would rather have the uncertainties be settled on our own test platforms, NOT on customer vehicles.

At the end of our validation cycle, we still have to take one of our test platforms and disassemble the motor and analyze piston and bore wear, gauge dimensional accuracy and distortion of the engine connecting rods, and analyze the bearings for premature wear.

Quote Originally Posted by sodamninsane View Post
    Any specs on the tune? Like max boost pressure observed, what kind of IAT / MAT you guys are running at those power levels?
    Stock is between 12 to 18 psi depending on gear, altitude, and RPM amongst other conditions.

We're between 14 to 28 psi, again, depending on RPM, gear, altitude, and fuel octane.

The OE intercooler isn't the most ideal implementation, and will heat saturate easily. With more than 20 psi the threshold is actually fairly low.

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    What a great setup! Curious what kind of quarter mile times this picks up
    This one we won't be able to conclusively tell until the weather warms up. This vehicle type is traction limited at increased power levels. Please note that this is a powertrain software recalibration only though, and is designed to be as least intrusive as possible. With additional hardware upgrades, such as a turbo core upgrade with uprated billet compressor and turbine wheels, currently in process by one of our hardware partners, we're fairly certain that an amicable quarter mile result will be achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Avery323 View Post
    Curious about driveability also.
    Power delivery is linear and responsive with ANY of our products. We also provide updates corresponding with GM updates and recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Medmal View Post
    What effect on the warranty? I know with my 2012 Z06, dealers could detect a "tune" and deny engine failure issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by changzilla View Post
    How does this affect the factory warranty?
    Trifecta does not condone warranty abuse or fraud of any kind. We champion a "pay to play" approach when it comes to GM's powertrain warranties. However with that said, at any time should you wish to return to stock with ANY of our powertrain products, the included flash loader device will return your car 100 percent to stock. ->"Trifecta's Transparency featureset."

Trifecta's quality assurance and validation process calls for 100,000 miles and 100hrs of full throttle accumulated as a prerequisite in order for the calibration before we would consider the release candidate retail worthy. As stated above, making the power is done, but we're still validating the power output so that the powertrain recalibration will be safe and reliable.

With ANY Trifecta powertrain calibration, the knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained. We also test for adverse operating conditions including but not limited to poor fuel quality, so that with any of our powertrain recalibrations, the car will be as dependable as stock.

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

Cant wait for more info on this.

On a side note, are you able to program in some nice exhaust popping and burble on shifts and engine deceleration?

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

What's your timeline for validation/further testing? Few weeks or a few months?

2jzgte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

This deserves a TON more traffic than it's got right now.
    I'm exceptionally pleased here.
    The power didn't lay down any earlier rpm wise, indicating they aren't running the turbo clear off the map just yet (maybe close).
    Little bit of knock dip just after 5000 rpm, so where know where the threshold is for the car on 93 octane, and that's ok.

We really need to figure out what to do with intercooling. That intercooler setup looks absolutely terrible and prone to some nasty heat soak.
    What kind of performance did you note after back to back runs, surely these are best case scenario numbers (which are fantastic btw!)

I had another question regarding fueling. Where do you suppose you guys are fuel limit wise?

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

I sent an email over to them. Looks like a realistic time frame to release will be end of March, early April.

hedrives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Black/Black

Looking forward to what you guys end up with.
    I've got many, many years of turbo experience from road racing 3rd generation RX7s.
    Both twin turbos and single turbo set-ups.
    One of the biggest issues was intercooling capacity especially in areas with high ambient temps.

As for my CTS Vsport, first time I popped the hood I wondered what the heat soak issues will be for us in Texas even at stock boost levels and stock ICs.
    I see vented and domed hoods to clear larger ICs as a thing.

Also, as 2jzgte asked, curious about how much fuel delivery the stock setup can support.

Anyway, looking forward to what you find.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I'm anxiously awaiting more information on this tune...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

iamliko22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Sport Premium

Updates????

Killing me. Any news?
    beausbriggs and hedrives like this.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

No updates. Otherwise, they'd be all over this discussion.
    Avery323 likes this.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

CapnCurt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 VSport 2014 SRX

Im anxiously wainting for any updates to the release of this tune. My new vsport is hungry!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.