Turbo/Injector Clicking Noise - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Turbo/Injector Clicking Noise in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; it will get fixed, especially once they start putting this powerplant in more cars and people begin to complain....
    ctsteve is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Re: Turbo/Injector Clicking Noise

it will get fixed, especially once they start putting this powerplant in more cars and people begin to complain.

It needs to be fixed asap. It is the kind of noise that the knock sensor will pick up and pull timing with. This is a false knock and potentially hurting the performance of the vechile as the car thinks the combustion is detonating incorectly. This is most likely also why we have such a large spread of power stock between everyones dyno charts. Cars that do not rattle will make much more power because the timing is not being pulled back by the ECU.
    hedrives likes this.

hedrives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by ctsteve View Post
    It needs to be fixed asap. It is the kind of noise that the knock sensor will pick up and pull timing with. This is a false knock and potentially hurting the performance of the vechile as the car thinks the combustion is detonating incorectly. This is most likely also why we have such a large spread of power stock between everyones dyno charts. Cars that do not rattle will make much more power because the timing is not being pulled back by the ECU.
    Exactly.

Jesusbautistajr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts
    Took the car to Cadillac service. On first punch on the throttle my service guy immediately heard it, gave me a rental, and called me the next day telling me it's a faulty muffler. That they have a recall on it but that the part is on back order. Then I got the "don't call us, we'll call you." Car runs good but sounds like it wants to fall apart. Hopefully I get that call soon.

it is definitely not the muffler, you can literally reproduce the noise by grabbing the wastegate actuator arms and shaking them.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusbautistajr View Post
    Took the car to Cadillac service. On first punch on the throttle my service guy immediately heard it, gave me a rental, and called me the next day telling me it's a faulty muffler. That they have a recall on it but that the part is on back order. Then I got the "don't call us, we'll call you." Car runs good but sounds like it wants to fall apart. Hopefully I get that call soon.

There is no recall for the exhaust in the GM data bank? Maybe it's tied to your vin, hell I don't know anymore there so many problems at GM right now. What type of rental did you get?

Innisfree is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS VSport Premium

Great job by the Cadillac technical team. They had a Cadillac Field Sales Engineer come listen to the noise in my car and he was able to fix it - per the diagnostic done by the Lead Engineer for the Platform. Thanks to everyone concerned at GM!

So, what was the problem and the fix? It seems that the clicking noise from the direct injection high pressure pump, which you can hear under the hood (and even beside the hood), was getting into the cabin via the steering axle. The boot covering this axle was not secured correctly and was not sealing against the bulkhead so noise was able to travel into the cabin via the dashboard/HVAC system. The Tech was able to make sure that the boot was securely snapped on. The problem went away. I only hope that the boot doesn't come off again.

So, if any of you have this problem - and I think a lot of us do - you know how to get it fixed now. I've suggested to GM that they advise their Cadillac dealerships of this potential issue.

Can't say enough about the concern and help provided by the Cadillac folks.

Great job, GM!

----------

Sorry, I guess I should have called it a steering shaft.
    Brad/Viper-Fan likes this.

Brad/Viper-Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Wow, nice diagnostic work!
    Good to hear, thanks for posting!

WWK888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is it hard to access the boot?

Yes! From the front, under the hood, you need to really stretch your arm in (engine cold!) and push on the boot. You can feel it move backwards if it's loose. But I don't know how they fix it back on fully. I guess you should try the dealer.

hedrives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Black/Black

Maybe you've heard the old saying " "It's not a problem, it's a feature."

Jesusbautistajr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    There is no recall for the exhaust in the GM data bank? Maybe it's tied to your vin, hell I don't know anymore there so many problems at GM right now. What type of rental did you get?
    Dropped it off this morning to get the muffler swapped out, picked it up in the afternoon and as soon as I turn on the car same noise, and now I can feel the vibration of something loose under the car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Innisfree View Post
    Great job by the Cadillac technical team. They had a Cadillac Field Sales Engineer come listen to the noise in my car and he was able to fix it - per the diagnostic done by the Lead Engineer for the Platform. Thanks to everyone concerned at GM!

So, what was the problem and the fix? It seems that the clicking noise from the direct injection high pressure pump, which you can hear under the hood (and even beside the hood), was getting into the cabin via the steering axle. The boot covering this axle was not secured correctly and was not sealing against the bulkhead so noise was able to travel into the cabin via the dashboard/HVAC system. The Tech was able to make sure that the boot was securely snapped on. The problem went away. I only hope that the boot doesn't come off again.

So, if any of you have this problem - and I think a lot of us do - you know how to get it fixed now. I've suggested to GM that they advise their Cadillac dealerships of this potential issue.

Can't say enough about the concern and help provided by the Cadillac folks.

Great job, GM!

----------

Sorry, I guess I should have called it a steering shaft.
    Hello Innisfree,
    Thank you for sharing this with your forum members. I’m thrilled to hear you had a great experience with Cadillac! We do our best to keep our customers satisfied. Please let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusbautistajr View Post
    Dropped it off this morning to get the muffler swapped out, picked it up in the afternoon and as soon as I turn on the car same noise, and now I can feel the vibration of something loose under the car.
    Hi Jesusbautistajr,

I’m sorry to hear the noise is still there and now a vibration is occurring. Did you follow up with the dealership after picking up the vehicle? Please let me know if you would like me to contact them on your behalf. Just send me a private message with your VIN, contact information and the dealership you were working with.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Katie! Just for clarification, I went elsewhere at Cadillac/GM when Customer Care showed so little interest in my problem. You can see my comment earlier in the thread.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Innisfree View Post
    Hello Katie! Just for clarification, I went elsewhere at Cadillac/GM when Customer Care showed so little interest in my problem. You can see my comment earlier in the thread.
    Hello Innisfree,

I apologize we did not address your concern in a timely fashion. We do our best to reach out to everyone on the forum as fast as possible. We see all of your concerns, big or small, as important and want everyone to know we are here to assist in any way we can. We are very happy that other areas of Cadillac Customer Care were able to assist you with this particular vehicle concern.

We do appreciate you sharing this information with your forum members. When a customers come to us with this same concern, we will be sure to advise their involved dealership about the resolution that worked for you. Again, we are sorry we did not get to you in time. In the future do not hesitate to private message us with questions or concerns.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.