Dynoed my CTS Vsport today!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Dynoed my CTS Vsport today! in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; I just got my car dynoed at a local dynojet shop. Completely stock, the best run made 356 WHP and ...
    Perses is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

Cool Dynoed my CTS Vsport today!

I just got my car dynoed at a local dynojet shop.

Completely stock, the best run made 356 WHP and 373 Ft-Lbs WTQ.

The shop looked at the car and ECM and with HPT there was just too much missing stuff to really make any serious power. This car just does not respond to commanded torque and timing changes. Messing around with HP Tuners they made another 50hp crank but it did not pick up much at the peak and was not consistent at all.

I'm going to try another tune next and see how that goes.

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

Re: Dynoed my CTS Vsport today!

Dont know if you saw my older thread. Made 362HP - 386TQ stock. Also had my local shop tune with HP tuners. We are missing the trans software. Making 400HP and 411TQ now. Most they felt comfortable going without transmission software. Ill go in for part 2 as soon as it is available.

changzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antero
    Dont know if you saw my older thread. Made 362HP - 386TQ stock. Also had my local shop tune with HP tuners. We are missing the trans software. Making 400HP and 411TQ now. Most they felt comfortable going without transmission software. Ill go in for part 2 as soon as it is available.
    This may have been discussed in another thread but how do these tunes affect the warranty? Also, how much should I expect to pay for software tunes?

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

Anything you do to your car affects the warranty. If you blow the engine you wont be covered. Tunes are usually about $600-$1000.

Perses is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

Post Re: Dynoed my CTS Vsport today!

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    Anything you do to your car affects the warranty. If you blow the engine you wont be covered. Tunes are usually about $600-$1000.
    Its funny that you should mention that, one of the reasons that I bought a Trifecta tune for my car is so that I can still return the car back to stock when I'm going back to the dealership for anything.

I did try out HPT, but with or without the missing transmission support from HPT, that Trifecta tune comes with a return to stock mode that I've tried out and it returns the car back completely to stock which HPT doesn't have. So in a way, I can keep messing with my car with HPT but I'll still be able now to go back to stock with matching numbers. I checked with a GM dealership diagnostic tool btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    Tunes are usually about $600-$1000.
    I guess that must means I overpaid. $750 for a HPT dyno tune and then almost another grand for the Trifecta tune. I don't regret either though, the HPT stuff as you've said isn't complete as the Trifecta stuff but I think that return to stock mode with the Trifecta stuff makes it all worth it.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by changzilla View Post
    This may have been discussed in another thread but how do these tunes affect the warranty?
    If you blow a hole in a piston or spin a rod bearing, the dealer can say the tune caused the failure and not cover the repair. If a brake caliper fails or your stereo stops working or the sunroof leaks, that's still covered.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

WWK888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The fact that you can return to a stock tune is nice but if something does go wrong with the engine or tranny and you switch it back to stock, they will know the computer was reflashed. It keeps a history. Also, doesn't Cadillac monitor this forum? They have responded directly to me regarding a past issue. If that is the case, if people are discussing their Trifecta tunes and any warranty issues come up, I don't think it would be hard for Cadillac to figure out who you are and deny warranties. Just my two cents.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by WWK888 View Post
    The fact that you can return to a stock tune is nice but if something does go wrong with the engine or tranny and you switch it back to stock, they will know the computer was reflashed. It keeps a history. Also, doesn't Cadillac monitor this forum? They have responded directly to me regarding a past issue. If that is the case, if people are discussing their Trifecta tunes and any warranty issues come up, I don't think it would be hard for Cadillac to figure out who you are and deny warranties. Just my two cents.
    this has in fact happened a very well known German Make was caught using forums to see who took their car to the track and used that info to deny waranties

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Perses View Post
    So in a way, I can keep messing with my car with HPT but I'll still be able now to go back to stock with matching numbers. I checked with a GM dealership diagnostic tool btw.
    Really? This would be the first undetectable tune reversal I've ever heard of.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.