Seat memory
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Seat memory in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Probably a stupid question but isn't the seat suppose to go the preset position #1 or #2 automatically when you ...
    WWK888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Seat memory

Probably a stupid question but isn't the seat suppose to go the preset position #1 or #2 automatically when you have the option turned on without having to push the #1 or #2 button? My Inifiniti had assigned key fobs for two drivers but I see Cadillac does not do that. My dealer seems clueless when I asked them about this. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

Re: Seat memory

The minute I start the car my seat goes into my driving position. When I turn off the engine and open the door my seat moves to its preset leaving position.

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Hi WWK88. The key fobs are assigned to different drivers. There is a #1 and a #2.

Try switching key fobs. You might be using #2 although you are driver #1 (probably). They need to be marked so you can tell them apart. Not engraving them at the factory seems like a GM screwup to me.

hedrives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Black/Black

I have to push the #1 button to get the seat to go to position.
    I went all through the sections on CUE, so please help with this.

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

See above.

BigFred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black 2014 Vsport Premium

Switching fobs worked for me. You also could set #2 the same as #1. Your wife has no business driving the Vsport anyway!I will admit that sometimes my seat stays in the exit position, and I'm not paying attention to find out what I did differently.

I make a big deal of waiting for the seat to get in the exit position just to mess with my wife. She asks if I enjoyed my little ride. I tell her I did.

Thanks Cool Rod, you were exactly right. Just goes to show how clueless some dealers are. My salesman touted himself as "the Tech Guy"..."anything technical with the car just ask me". He specifically told me the FOBs were not assigned and I found that really hard to believe. You are right GM should have designated the FOBs with 1 or 2. Thanks again. BTW, I only have a few hundred miles on this car but I am so impressed, except maybe not with the mileage...LOL! But I did not buy this car for it's mileage. I had a 2002 Corvette Z06 a few years ago and this car is right up there with it as far performance but way ahead as far as comfort and luxury.

hedrives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Black/Black

I got mine to work after clearing all the seat memory, leaving the car and starting all over again.
    Kind of bizzaro-world, but as long as it sticks I'm good.

I see why some people do not like the CUE system and its inputs.
    I love it when it works. :-)

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello WWK888,

I am glad forum members were able to provide insight to your situation and assist with answering your key fob concern. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I wish many more happy miles to come for you and your Cadillac! If additional questions arise, don't hesitate to send us a private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Laura, I have always found that car forums were the best place to get answers. The collective knowledge of owners is a valuable tool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.