Vsport quirks and problems - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Vsport quirks and problems in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Not really. Both times I was in a straight line....
    Medmal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts v sport

Re: Vsport quirks and problems

Not really. Both times I was in a straight line.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Medmal View Post
    Not really. Both times I was in a straight line.
    Did it come close to redline or actually bounce off the limiter? This engine makes peak HP <1K from redline. PAS(I called it PAL before, my mistake) may simply have been shifting optimally at that point, or trying to. If it actually bounces off the limiter and refuses to shift during a simple straight line WOT run, take it in. If it does shift, but just near that point, that sounds normal. If you saw it approaching redline with it floored and then suddenly lifted off, that probably forced the lift-off PAS program to run (making it think you were about to turn hard) and then it decided that you should be kept in that gear (making it not shift) until you put it back into regular mode. If you find yourself in that situation, give it a few seconds (2-4) and it should start up shifting again.

They have really engineered the sport mode to be more of a true 'lets go racing or act crazy' kind of mode in this generation of cars.

Medmal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts v sport

Thanks for your response. Will keep an eye on it and if it happens again, will certainly take it in, and let forum members know of their analysis.

CadillacVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Performance

One quirk that unfortunately reminds me that Caddy is still a sub-par luxury car is lack of hand sensors on the door handle for keyless entry. Why do I have to press the button to get into the car? My 2005 Lexus detects my hand on the handle and automatically opens the door. It's been 6 weeks already and I still getting use to it.

Another quirk is destinations sent from the Onstar app to in-dash CUE navigation never appear among Recent destinations. So I end up looking for the destination in Recent only to realize that I must have used the app and then I have to go to the app again or do a manual entry in CUE.

BTW, I absolutely LOVE driving this car!

StoneCrab is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacVic View Post
    One quirk that unfortunately reminds me that Caddy is still a sub-par luxury car is lack of hand sensors on the door handle for keyless entry. Why do I have to press the button to get into the car? My 2005 Lexus detects my hand on the handle and automatically opens the door. It's been 6 weeks already and I still getting use to it.

Another quirk is destinations sent from the Onstar app to in-dash CUE navigation never appear among Recent destinations. So I end up looking for the destination in Recent only to realize that I must have used the app and then I have to go to the app again or do a manual entry in CUE.

BTW, I absolutely LOVE driving this car!
    I agree with that. Seems odd that they decided to use buttons on the doors given the touch surfaces everywhere else! Also, I'd like the exterior door handles to illuminate when using the handle button to unlock. They only light up when you use the FOB, but I rarely use the FOB to unlock the door. What's the point of using the FOB with keyless/fob-less entry?? Or even better, have an option to illuminate the door handles with proximity detection of a FOB, so you can see the handles as you approach at night.

hedrives is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Black/Black

<snark>
    I REALLY ENJOY it when I LOCK the door with the button after putting something in the trunk and opening the trunk has unlocked the door.
    </snark>

Then, I'm pushing the button, pulling the handle, pushing the button again pulling the handle.
    Argh.

My last two Corvettes (Same GM, right?) had proximity pull to open.
    No button needed.
    They have the tech locked down.
    Button is kind of lame.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I also don't like having to depress the button to use the door. Cadillac didn't use this in the Gen 2 CTS. According to my salesman, they added the button because of complaints from women breaking their nails! Apparently, many women were impatient and would try to open the door before the sensor unlocked it, and would break their nails trying to yank on the unyielding door. So they added the stupid button, so the rest of us suffer. I say: ditch the buttons!

I also agree that the door handle lights should illuminate upon approach. That would be a very cool effect, and very welcoming.

A new concern or two. Bluetooth call quality is not good. It picks up a lot of background noise and I have most people complaining they can't hear me very well. Which brings me to another issue that contributes to the Bluetooth call noise. Now with 5k+ miles the Pzeros are becoming very noisy. The fronts will roar on most surfaces (concrete is worst), worst is around 25MPH. They didn't do this as bad when new, but they must be wearing in with some noise. It's either the tires or there is something else going on with the front end that is generating a lot of noise - it is substantially and obviously much noisier now than when new. Anyone else noticed an increase in road or tire noise?

kwickag is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Vsport Premium White Diamond Kona interior

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
    A new concern or two. Bluetooth call quality is not good. It picks up a lot of background noise and I have most people complaining they can't hear me very well. Which brings me to another issue that contributes to the Bluetooth call noise. Now with 5k+ miles the Pzeros are becoming very noisy. The fronts will roar on most surfaces (concrete is worst), worst is around 25MPH. They didn't do this as bad when new, but they must be wearing in with some noise. It's either the tires or there is something else going on with the front end that is generating a lot of noise - it is substantially and obviously much noisier now than when new. Anyone else noticed an increase in road or tire noise?
    Bluetooth can be problematic, I believe it is quite often a compatibility problem between the phone and the car. With my Nokia and the 2014 CTS I haven't heard one complaint. With my 2011 when I first got it I had an HTC and it worked fine, got a new HTC and nobody could hear what I was saying, switched to a Nokia and no problems.

As to the tire noise, at 2000 miles I think they are starting to get a little noisier, but I have been looking for it since most summer tires I have had on my vettes get noisy as they get more miles. Picking up rocks is pretty normal for summer tires also.

Dicecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Sport Silver Coast/Cashmere

I've noticed some of these things mentioned, but this car is great! Love it so far!

Shelly40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Sport

Just got my V Sport premium on Saturday... White with the brown interior....... 5 miles on the odometer......

Loving the car, but haven't done the fun driving yet, as I am following what the manual says about breaking in the engine for the first 1500 miles.....

No hard acceleration, keep it below 4000 RPM......

Very tough to do.....

Anyway... I turn off the rear seat A/C.... Whenever I restart the car, the rear A/C is back on.....

Is there any way to turn it off so that the rear A/C stays off ?

Thanks for any help.....

Shelly

Here's a quirk. When you take a call on Bluetooth, it does not automatically reduce the A/C fan speed. If the fan is on high it is quite noisy making the call difficult to hear. This is odd because GM has always had this feature to auto reduce the fan speed on a Bluetooth call, but somehow left it out on this car.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

The ATS's mine included have the same problem with background noises being picked up by the microphone with phone calls.

There has been a bulletin out for a while that is supposed to address it but I haven't personally had it done on my ATS yet.
    This includes the 2013-14 ATS & CTS Bulletin number PI1162A Mobile telephone microphone poor performance.

WOT-Tuning is offline Authorized Vendor
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

I realize the soot issue discussion is a couple pages back, but I had some comments about it. It, for better, or worse (sounds like worse based on the discussion here) is a by-product of the fuel injection strategy used during cold starts. The engine controller injects fuel during the exhaust stroke to light the catalytic converters off super-quick for (overall) reduced emissions. This only happens for about 30 seconds or so after a cold start, but while it is occurring, visible smoke / soot can be seen and the exhaust smells terrible.

Its a phenomenon largely isolated to DI (direct injected) engines (because MPFI engines can't inject fuel during the exhaust stroke with the intent of sending unburned fuel into the exhaust system) and is commonly mistaken for an improperly tuned engine. There's GM bulletins about this as well.

Still, it'd be nice if we didn't have to deal with it!

wrigleyville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS VSport Premium
    Sitting at my dealer right now. They replaced the microphone (per bulletin mentioned earlier) and call quality is now much improved. Apparently this is a known issue on CTS models manufactured before October 2013...that's what I get for being a early buyer of the Vsport.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.