Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; I recently purchased a new 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium. It is a black raven with black interior. Coming from ...
    CTS_V-Sport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport Premium

Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport

I recently purchased a new 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium. It is a black raven with black interior. Coming from a 2010 2nd gen CTS-V, I actually like this car more. It rides smoother and feels lighter and feels easier to maneuver around, and does not feel like it weighs as much. Although I'm sure that my 09 V was faster, I have to say that besides ultimate power, that this generation is definitely better in every way.

Attached Images
    StoneCrab likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

harrysstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS V and 2012 CTS V Sedan BD Corsa

Re: Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport

Congrats! great car wished I could buy a Vsport here in Germany!
    As I read you owned a 10 V2 - how is fuel consumption compared V2 to your new Vsport?

I get with my 12 V2 Sedan an avg of about 15 mpg but on hard Autobahndriving 10 - 12 mpg is no problem (driving it between 120 - 190 mph)

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

Congrats on the new V Sport...Very nice looking car.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

She's a beauty! I have a feeling many V2 guys leasing will switch to the sport. Until the V-3 is announced.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

All you need is the Trifecta tune and the V-Sport will be faster than your second generation V...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Nihsel10 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2015 GL550 2008 Hummer H2

Very nice. Can we see some interior pics?

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

I did the same thing as you. My 11 CTSV lease ended last week. Went to the dealer, test drove the Vsport and drove home with it. Everything about the new generation just feels better. Car just feels lighter, trans seems to shift faster. One BIG thing I miss is the exhaust note on the CTSV. The Vsport needs to sound more aggressive. I saw on D3's facebook that they finished their exhaust for the vsport and will be putting up sound clips soon. Can't wait to hear what it will sounds like.

duplicate

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Awesome Car... I had to go and pick up one myself today. (Same Combo Black on Black)

NewCTS.jpg
    Theroider likes this.

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Awesome Car... I had to go and pick up one myself today. (Same Combo Black on Black)

Attachment 188121
    Congrats! Awesome car! The snow finally cleared and I got mine out and put some miles on it. The car handles incredibly well, and I am surprised at the power - there are times it feels as fast as my old CTS-V. I agree on the comment about exhaust sound though, it is VERY quiet.

I had some time this weekend to go over every inch of the car. I found out why it is so quiet. Our muffler is the size of a gas tank! I cant wait to rip that thing off and install a catback on it.
    hedrives likes this.

Jerry_CTSVSport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Sport

Quote Originally Posted by CTS_V-Sport View Post
    I recently purchased a new 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium. It is a black raven with black interior. Coming from a 2010 2nd gen CTS-V, I actually like this car more. It rides smoother and feels lighter and feels easier to maneuver around, and does not feel like it weighs as much. Although I'm sure that my 09 V was faster, I have to say that besides ultimate power, that this generation is definitely better in every way.

Congrats on the purchase!

Z51driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ctsv

Drove the car hard today for an hour. Am amazed how much better it feels than my 2012 V2 sedan
    Seats, braking etc car is awesome. I may trade into one this week but lets see what the dealer can do on the deal. The v3 will be unreal. I like the new style but i prefer the v2 front end.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Z51driver View Post
    Drove the car hard today for an hour. Am amazed how much better it feels than my 2012 V2 sedan
    Seats, braking etc car is awesome. I may trade into one this week but lets see what the dealer can do on the deal. The v3 will be unreal. I like the new style but i prefer the v2 front end.

I traded my 13 V for the 14 V-Sport ...... but shhhh the V guys get upset, when you tell them how good the V Sport is.

Ha, I saw your thread on the V forum and just decided to stay out of it. It is sad that people get so defensive. Nobody is saying the Vsport is a better car or a replacement of the actual V. All we are saying is the Vsport is actually pretty damn good for what it is. I couldnt believe my first test drive and the car still puts a smile on my face every time i'm sitting in it.

On a side note, today was the first day I actually drove with my windows down. I am happy to report that you can hear the turbos spooling even with the stock air box.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.